• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Friday Night Potluck

So, I have the chili now simmering in the crock pot on low. I'll do the same tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before the dinner. Took a small taste and wanted to let everyone know, WIN!!

Tyler, you'll be especially happy since it has bacon in it.

Fun fact: When you make bacon bits for chili, you can lick your hands afterwards!

I am going to precook up the Bacon Explosions tomorrow night so we just have to heat them up on Friday. I would have liked to made them Friday, but the amount of time on a grill or smoker (3 plus hours) makes it not feasible with everything else that will be going on. Nacho machine and cheese are ready to roll as well. I am going to lay the hamburger out tomorrow to start thawing and we will be in good shape.

Neal and I are bringing four turkeys with us. We plan to cook two Friday night, since we don't have the dinner that night and we'll all be scavenging. We'll cook the other two Saturday since they went so quick last year and there was so much demand for them. Also BrianHo said something to me about bringing a 17#er that we'll cut in half and cook up. So we should be set on turkeys (in case anyone was thinking about bringing any extras).

Are you making one crockpot of chili, or more?

Just one, Byron. If I had another crockpot, I would make more. But I have just the one and my recipe puts it just over half full so I can't even fit a double batch in it.

If you can't taste the difference, why would it matter? :dunno: I'll still make sure I do that for ya, Susie!

I don't know if the list on the post #1 is accurate. Is there anything else needed. I can start a batch of chili too. Or pick up some junk from the store. I hope to be there at about 1am on Friday morning though that is up in the air and I'd like to help if I can.

I just read back through the thread and did not see any mention of hamburger buns. We will need buns for sure. I am bringing 10# of hamburger meat for burgers, ad Hale is bringing pork burgers as well.

Cheese "gotta have buns to put your meat in" Man

I just read back through the thread and did not see any mention of hamburger buns. We will need buns for sure. I am bringing 10# of hamburger meat for burgers, ad Hale is bringing pork burgers as well.

Cheese "gotta have buns to put your meat in" Man

i can grab those. how many are you thinking?

maybe like 4-5 packs? that would be 32-40 hamburger buns..depending on how much we actually make..it may be mass overkill too! shoot from the hip and try not to shoot your foot...I have faith in you young grasshopper, let your stomach be your guide.

Cheeseman-OUT!

GOOD CATCH WADE!!!!! I sure as hell overlooked that one. Has anyone been assigned Advil for later that evening?? :D

Back