• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flopped my Jeep :(

FaultyLine

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I was at the High Desert Trails Rally this weekend with my buddy SidewaysStarion, when I decided it would be a good idea to drive over 50+ MPH after the race was over on our way out! Needless to say, it wasn't a very intelligent move, and I flopped it :banghead: The damage is *very* minor compared to some of the other flops I've seen... so I just need to put some time in and fix'er up. Mechanically, it's exactly the way it was pre-flop, no new noises or anything! I need three new doors, three fender flares and some TLC to get it looking good again.

Here are photos for your enjoyment:

Last edited:
No one got hurt right? So it just adds a little character! And now you don't have to worry about getting dents on your driver side.

No one got hurt right? So it just adds a little character! And now you don't have to worry about getting dents on your driver side.

I'm fine, no one else was in front or with me - which is the best part of this whole thing.

lol, quit playing rally racer in the XJ!!! You were doin that shit in Big Bear too and almost ended up the same way, lol..

(sorry for the "flop" though)

I thought the correct technique for recovering a flopped jeep is to drag it several hundred feet before righting it.

I had no choice in the last one i did for a guy.It was in a bad spot and couldn't get it any other way.Kinda sucked but we knew it was totaled at the time.
Some times you have no other way of getting her back on her tires.:tears:

You can make some half doors.. glad you are okay.

That's how i flopped mine... going to fast. And I was being an idiot. Glad no one got hurt. Damage doesn't look too bad. Good luck on the repair.

The deavers are on my rig, I'm failing to see your point.(n)

Here Mark, this should work.

21073826.jpg~original

I would LOL at you, but I did the same thing..... Well almost, I was standing still when it happened.

Looks like the windshield survived? If not, check C/L in the inland Empire/Riverside area. There was a guy who had them new for 40 bux... He even delivered mine (but that was only by luck)...

Back