• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flopped my Jeep :(

congrats, you have joined the great rank of fireroad flops. Now Cal has someone to talk to!

Glad you're ok.Did it bend the pillars at all?Doesn't look like it, so i think you got lucky.
Again glad you are OK

The driver "A" pillar is slightly dented, and Sideways noticed some tiny tiny tiny spider cracks in the paint where the "A" pillar meets the top metal for the windshield, but other than that, no ripples or cracked paint anywhere else. The rain gutter is slightly bent, but again - tiny bend. Everything else appears to be OK.

Glad nobody was hurt--slow down.

Yea, I'm telling my self that over and over again... I won't be driving like this again - not until I know how to anyway!

I had no choice in the last one i did for a guy.It was in a bad spot and couldn't get it any other way.Kinda sucked but we knew it was totaled at the time.
Some times you have no other way of getting her back on her tires.:tears:

Yea, that was the position we were in - it was against the hill, and we couldn't get the other truck where it needed to be to unflop it and roll it backwards off the hill.

That's how i flopped mine... going to fast. And I was being an idiot. Glad no one got hurt. Damage doesn't look too bad. Good luck on the repair.

Yup - Exactly what went on with me... It isn't - fortunately! Thanks!

I would LOL at you, but I did the same thing..... Well almost, I was standing still when it happened.

Looks like the windshield survived? If not, check C/L in the inland Empire/Riverside area. There was a guy who had them new for 40 bux... He even delivered mine (but that was only by luck)...

It got a single new crack from the bottom left to the top left... $40 is pretty damn inexpensive... Does he install as well?

congrats, you have joined the great rank of fireroad flops. Now Cal has someone to talk to!

hahaha, I was waiting for this! I've heard of Cal, and only barely know his story. At least my flop was on a "Rally Stage" with a "Double Caution Hard Left" hahahaha.

You're red! Cool

Last edited by a moderator:
It got a single new crack from the bottom left to the top left... $40 is pretty damn inexpensive... Does he install as well?

Find your local mobile windshield replacement guy - these are the same guys that do it for the dealerships. They'll charge you about $75 - $100 (installed) and come to you, but the dealership charges you $500+ and keeps your junk for a few days..

Here : http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/aos/3793920652.html

Tough call here Dan.

At least Mitch was driving aggressively, while he did miscalculate a gentle turn which resulted in a flop at least he wasn't driving a very built rig at slow speeds only to flop on nothing.

Hard to say. We'll have to deliberate on whether Mitch joins the Tuttle Club.

hahaha, I was waiting for this! I've heard of Cal, and only barely know his story. At least my flop was on a "Rally Stage" with a "Double Caution Hard Left" hahahaha.

Ha, I forgot about that. That's the "ran out of talent on a fireroad" club.

Hey I am in this club too!!!
7DA2CA13-126F-4CD6-9BEC-631A4169F04F-2384-00000332EADF81B6_zps3701a017.jpg

4BF36B19-3B0B-47D9-B980-4E636F70866E-529-00000123CFC3A7F5_zps9861684e.jpg

You can make some half doors.. glad you are okay.

This is the exact same thing the prompted me to make my half doors
ED336CB2-B7E8-408F-9E15-1FEFB884BB50-8607-00000681AEAE81EB_zpsab30dc72.jpg

Wouldn't it have been easier to just turn the camera sideways!!!

Find your local mobile windshield replacement guy - these are the same guys that do it for the dealerships. They'll charge you about $75 - $100 (installed) and come to you, but the dealership charges you $500+ and keeps your junk for a few days..

Here : http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/aos/3793920652.html
Yeah, I see they say "Starting at $69.95" but what do they charge for a Cherokee?

Cheapest I've found near where I live is over $100 more than that -- I sure would like to know of a cheaper alternative that does good work.

--HappyDog

Back