• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fitting 2500 front end parts:

Zluster can you take a longer shot of the flares on your XJ? I'm thinking about doing those flares. Do they require the plastic cladding "water proofs"? Also do they meet up to the 97+ front and rear bumper ends or are they mismatched?

Zluster can you take a longer shot of the flares on your XJ? I'm thinking about doing those flares. Do they require the plastic cladding "water proofs"? Also do they meet up to the 97+ front and rear bumper ends or are they mismatched?

the cladding is incorporated onto the flare, if you just wanted the flare you would need to trim off the cladding and do some bodywork.

They about meet up with the front and rear end cap, though the US end caps are more rounded and the 2500 parts are more square.

Z any chance you could take a pic of it? or a shot from further away? Hard to tell how they look from close in and I have to decide if I want to get some of those flares. I like the idea of trimming the cladding off and maybe plastic welding the hole closed or glassing it.

Z any chance you could take a pic of it? or a shot from further away? Hard to tell how they look from close in and I have to decide if I want to get some of those flares. I like the idea of trimming the cladding off and maybe plastic welding the hole closed or glassing it.

I don't have them mounted on anything, those pictures I had were just because I was repainting the black(faded) flares on my freedom before I sold it, I just threw those on late one night to get something of an idea of how they fitted.

MJ172.jpg

MJ165.jpg

i just put my fenders on yesterday and wiring the headlights. Now i have to use a plasma cutter to make the header fit on my 99 xj. Hey do you know if your suppose to put the platic bumber (2500) over the stock bumper?

I just got my front end conversion from Chris yesterday and I am excited to get started on it soon. Has anyone else fitted things up to see what issues I might run into? I saw Zluster had it somewhat mocked up on what looked like a MJ. I also have a MJ so I am curious about what fit issues everyone has run into before I get started. Also, can I use the older fender flares rather than the 2500 fender flares on these? Thanks for the help!

I just got my front end conversion from Chris yesterday and I am excited to get started on it soon. Has anyone else fitted things up to see what issues I might run into? I saw Zluster had it somewhat mocked up on what looked like a MJ. I also have a MJ so I am curious about what fit issues everyone has run into before I get started. Also, can I use the older fender flares rather than the 2500 fender flares on these? Thanks for the help!

Check with Bville99gt he's the one who posted the red one a few weeks ago. I don't know if he did it himself or had a bodyshop do the work.
-Chris

i just installed everything today except the plastics. I dont know how your suppose to hook the plastics up. To the stock bumper? if so it doesn't work on my 99. I saw no part on the catalog for a metal bumper so im lost. maybe it only works with pre 97 bumpers?

The 2500's use a totally different metal structure under the plastic parts. In the other thread (...yan) posted up some pictures of one with the drivers cap off....

I remember seeing it someplace on the first order. It had a really good shot of the front of a real 2500 and you could see all the structure behind the header panel and the bare bumper..... I'll check when I get back work and see if I can find it.

-C

just an FYI, dont use hub cap push nuts on the headlights, first run at the beach and my headlight fell out :(

Back