• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Favorite musclecar?

LS6 chevelle by far. My moms friend actually got her husbands when they got divorced! I really enjoy 4th gen F-bodies(thats why I own one) but I always dream about owning a Buick Grand National or turbo regal.

No particular order

`70-`78 Firebird worked over completely with the extreme Herb Adams kits to make it turn and sing.

68 Camaro (stilelow[sp?] interior treatment required)

1988-1992 Camaro

1988 Fiero Formula with an SBC

"Duke boyz" style Chargers

70s Cudas

~'67 Malibus

~`70 Chevelle

70s Javelins.

After toying with the idea of a Locost for a while (I'd look dumb lying in a ditch with a V8 powered tube frame on my head) I'm thinking about muscle cars again. The above is kinda my short list (GM stuff).

Anything MOPAR, '71 or earlier with a 6-pack.

Oh, and a '64 barracuda.

Wait. And a '65 Charger.

RichP said:
In order, 66 427 Cobra SR, Cobra daytona, Ford GT40.....
The cobra was not that expensive back then, when I bought my 66 GT350, used, for $2700 in 68 the Cobra SR that was in the showroom was $5800 but that was some bucks back then when a average car was $2500.
My other favorite was my 73 Vega with the motion 350 package... my buddy back then had a 69 Roadrunner convert, hunter green w/white interior, garage kept and not driven from nov to may.
If only I had had some money in 73, and a barn :D, when the gas crunch hit. 426 Hemi cudas going for $2K, 429 Boss mustang, $2K, all the sub 10mpg cars $2K or less.

'Round about '76 or so, since I'd just started driving, Dad decided we needed another car. We always maintained a fleet of MOPAR junk, usually Dodge or Plymouth. He'd usually pick them up from city-slicker friends who had some piece of MOPAR with a worn-out torqueflight, or just a bad starter motor. It just so happened, at that time, that down the road one of our neighbors had a Roadrunner sitting out with a For Sale sign. me: "There's something for sale just down the road." dad: "I'm not buying a Roadrunner!" me: "It looks like it's in good condition." dad: "I'm not buying a Roadrunner with gas at 65-cents a gallon!"

He ended up buying a 318ci '65 Fury II. I always thought it would have been nice to have been able to drive that Roadrunner to school instead of that Fury. Might have had better luck with the ladies.

:roll: '69 Ford Mustang Fastback .... Boss, Mach or just plain fastback they all make my heart ache.:roll:

I truly respect all the great Fords and Mopars of the late 60's and 70's. Even grudgingly a few GMs.

G.Q. Jeeper said:
I am into the new school stuff,

and since I got one, all is right with the world!

1985 Dodge Shelby Charger!

but if I get old school it would be a 1974 Challenger forsure!

Jeff

You lucky bastard. I like your taste in "new school" - got a pic?

For me, 1986 Dodge Omni GLHS - as someone here put it recently, the "shoebox from Hell"

Rob

this will sound kinda strange, but my fav is the 97 dodge cummins a friend of mine used to own. dyno'd just under 800 ft lb. at the wheels. scary fast. and a genuine butt pucker set you back in the seat acceration. it would flat punish a 35 in tire. yea....that is one of my favorite musclecars....well trucks.

ahh, a subject i love. if i had to pick, not sure i could pick one, but i might start with a '70 Chevelle SS, 454 ci. 450 horse, as a daily cruiser, probably red with factory stripes, or custom blue. for weekends, i would like a '67 Corvette, 427, 4 speed, and lots of spare rear tires, he he. also a '70 Cuda, with the 440 six pack would be sweet( has more torque than the Hemi)

Rob Mayercik said:

For me, 1986 Dodge Omni GLHS - as someone here put it recently, the "shoebox from Hell"

Rob

http://community.webshots.com/user/gqjeeper

here are the pics of my bad boy!

I love this car, its now 3000 miles away though :(

Thanks, its good to know there are others who appreciate the 2.2 Turbos of the 80's they are definately a chip off the 'ol big block! ahaha

Jeff

My dream car would be a '68 Hemi Dart.

My favorite one I've owned and wish I wouldn't have sold was my '71 'Cuda with a 340 anf the pistol grip 4 speed. It rocked out an 11.32 in the 1/4.

I want it back...

1978 Motion T/A - Phase III
LS-6 (454)
Edelbrock intake manifold
Super stock ignition, etc.
Turbo 400
12 bolt posi w/4.10

RATBRD1_big.jpg

The Motion Phase III package at the time guaranteed over 600 HP and an 11 second ¼ mile time slip

Rob Mayercik said:

Rob

The Omni GLHS (Go Like Hell Special...) They were fun to drive.

I really like my '05 SRT-4 ACR. The car is a blast. As fast as a GLHS but handles like it's on rails. It's now has 300HP & 385# of torque with no lag.
Run's 12.4's in the 1/4 and will do 30mph corners at 80+. It's a fun toy.

Back