• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fastest XJ

Gimme time - I gotta get out of California so I can built it!

Current plan -
1987XJ 4.0, bore to 4.000, stroke to 4.+/-
Install Eaton/Magnuson or Whipple blower, probably 10-15# + cooler
Find a transmission/axle combo that won't grenade (Viper?)
Redesign suspension, allow for driver-switchable "lift" for off-highway (with interlock and/or speed controller.)
Other mods as I think of them...

I'm hoping to build a 200mph XJ - but it's gonna take time, and I'll probably have to take it to Bonneville...

Why? Because I can - what better reason do I need?

The catch? I want to do it with as many AMC/Jeep/MOPAR goodies as I can...

5-90

Hit whatever the speed limited or rev limiter is in a 87 Laredo. It could have been the rev limiter cause when it started slowing i was at 5k on the tach. Anyone know how fast that is? Do the renix's even have speed limiters? All I know was it was freakin scary fast

I don't know, but "the Boy" took it on a road trip and took a picture of the speedo needle pointing straight down and the tach on 4500. Of course, that was with only 170,000 miles on the ticker, so it was just getting broken in.

Anybody see that show on cable with a Chip Banks truck doing over 220 at the salt flats?

I have gone 95 mph in my 85 wagoneer with a 2.5 four cylinder. She road pretty nice and did not give me any problems with the rpm's around 4500-4900, just some engine bay vibes, not bad.

Kim.

I have 31 10-50 Geolander m/T'S, 3.5" custom spring lift on a 4.0 L 2000 XJ....I buried the speedometer 100+ mph on the way home from Attica,IN (Badlands) last week. T/C drop kit works wonders. When it was stock it would run atleast 110-120 mph easy. I get a very slight vibration about 45-50mph.

Brian

Dam this has been coverd so many times in the off topic thread... Its like a disease

XTrmXJ said:
Dam this has been coverd so many times in the off topic thread... Its like a disease
yea, but the thread can't officially end until someone posts about the time he went 130+ in a lifted XJ racing a Viper...

... GPS certified, butt dyno proven

... and his girlfriends brother is a cop...

... couldn't a done it without a few drops of xylene in the tank

my brother had my 94 xj going 125 behind my wrx and it lifted 5" with 33's but it only has 3.55 gears so that help.

she generally runs like 85-90 on th highway at like 3000rpms

kevin s said:
I don't know, but "the Boy" took it on a road trip and took a picture of the speedo needle pointing straight down and the tach on 4500. Of course, that was with only 170,000 miles on the ticker, so it was just getting broken in.

Anybody see that show on cable with a Chip Banks truck doing over 220 at the salt flats?
OK the real question and more important would be how slow can you go at that RPM ? ? ? :wave:

Back