• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fastest XJ

i was pulled over for goin 98 uphill in 3rd gear. there was no radar, but it was a chp so he's a "professional". personally i dont think it was physically possible to do 98 up that particular hill. but thats besides the point. i hit the governer taking my buddy to the airport once. drive around 85 very consistently tho.

i have a feeling thats what a lot of us do. run it up to 85 briefly every once in a while just cause we can. not a whole lot of point in going faster than your speedo shows.

well i dunno how fast it was but i had the speedo on a 91 Ho bouncin at 4500 rp, or 29.5" tires so the speedo reads 7mph slo all the time and it was hoppin. I started gettin a bad rattle from the spare tire lol

I've had the Jeep topped out at about 116, twice with 2 other heads in the truck, although maybe a little faster cuz I have slightly over-stock size tires. Call it 118-120. Done that more than a few times. That's more than fast enough for a truck, and fun as hell when you're drunk :)

I've been off-roading at around 80 before, but that was a flat field. Abandoned farm, nothing but field grass growing. It's fun as hell having an XJ sideways at those high speeds :)

Last edited:
I was clocked doing 110 in a 55 one time and it still had some go in it. All the cop said was "110 in a Jeep. Thats nice." All four of us in the car were so close to cracking up. Then he wrote me a 5 point $520 ticket. It was still fun.

thecozmo65 said:
I was clocked doing 110 in a 55 one time and it still had some go in it. All the cop said was "110 in a Jeep. Thats nice." All four of us in the car were so close to cracking up. Then he wrote me a 5 point $520 ticket. It was still fun.

Was it at least on an Interstate? I had her topped out on a US route once, 2 lanes, no median. Fun as hell, especially with 2 other drunks cracking up and egging me on.

You guys ever have your speedos so far past 100 they look like they're going to wrap right around and start at 0 again? ;)

krakhedd said:
Was it at least on an Interstate? I had her topped out on a US route once, 2 lanes, no median. Fun as hell, especially with 2 other drunks cracking up and egging me on.

You guys ever have your speedos so far past 100 they look like they're going to wrap right around and start at 0 again? ;)

It wasnt on an interstate but it was on a 4 lane. US 50 runs right through Easton MD where I live. I was "racing" some dip sh*t from a stop light in a beat up pickup who thought he was all bad ass. Turned out all he really was was drunk. Thats why I got away with only a 5 point ticket and not spending time in jail. The MD State Police dont seem to look highly upon doubling the speed limit. About the speedo. I have the cluster with the big gas gauge and I have had the needle come all the way back around to the "M" in MPH at the bottom. That was on I695 around Baltimore racing a hopped up VW GTI Golf.

Yeah, I smoked a GTI too. I wasn't even really trying off the line, and didn't get a good jump, but the motor was just too torquey. I love my 242 :) This was a quick race on a city street, up to about 80 when I had a good 3-4 car lengths on her.

Reasons I blew the GTI away: It was driven by a female, and I really wasn't paying attention to the car to see how much it jerked, but have any of us ever known a female who can really shift well? Hell, I don't even think I know any females besides my mommy and aunts who drive standard. Well, and 1 of my sisters, who REALLY *THINKS* she can shift well, and drive well, but when it comes down to it....well, she's not that good of a driver.....

krakhedd said:
That's more than fast enough for a truck, and fun as hell when you're drunk

If you were actually drunk driving, you should get your head ripped off in a firey crash ASAP.

If you were kidding about driving drunk, then... HA, HA, HA!

husky250rider said:
ive done 95 in 4th w/ a couple dirt bikes behind me on the trailer down a staight hill scared the shit out of me 6" lift 32"s stock gears 5spd

that must have ben fun to slow down. hopefully there werent too many cars around

ive had my 2000 with 33's up to 112 in vt on I 90 my gps is my spedo since i have yet to gear it down or change the spedo gear

With my Flux Capacitor? October, 1955.
muixyd.jpg

Get this baby up to 88 MPH, you're going to see some SERIOUS shit...
mptv1.gif

Back