• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fastest XJ

ChrisRFewell said:
90mph(then wimped out) with a 1996 4.0/aw4/231 8" lift, 37"mtr, 5.13 gears.

How bad was it? What blew, broke, or fell off to cause the wipe out?

muckleroy said:
How bad was it? What blew, broke, or fell off to cause the wipe out?

nothing broke, no "wipe out" i wimped out(wimp) i was scared....lol.. no vibrations though. but with a bumper height at about 3 feet its not good to do 90mph

Driving in rural Utah i routinely hit 90 on the clock, probably 95+ (running 30" tires with no speedo correction) A couple times I found the end of the speedometer, only goes to 100 but I felt a little acceleration still...
Front end feels twitchy at that speed, though - makes me think about my halfassed alignment checks, castor, flimsy tie rod etc etc. Gonna have to upgrade brakes and steering before I feel safe putting more power to the wheels...

ChrisRFewell said:
nothing broke, no "wipe out" i wimped out(wimp) i was scared....lol.. no vibrations though. but with a bumper height at about 3 feet its not good to do 90mph

Wow I read that 3 times and it said "wipped" lol I'm old.

I got going about 80 on my uncorrected speedo with 355s 33" muds 6" lift with the sway bar disconnected and towing a sport fourwheeler(300ex)and my pittbike(125cc mini dirt style)... Gotta love the cold night air. I was going about 75 on my speedo the other day and my gf told me she had to do about 90 on her car to keep up... I know I might get flamed for it but I actually dont mind driving 70-80 disco'd

I've been driving discoed for the last week or so - no problems, really. It handles differently. Once you are used to it, the only issue is the loss of swerve-ability. I wouldnt want to out-juke a deer without the sway, but it handles fine...

i think i hit 80 once. lmao. 8" lift, 37's, 4.88

that was way to fast for me in my jeep. you guys are nuts!

how have you 2 not died? =/

90mph(then wimped out) with a 1996 4.0/aw4/231 8" lift, 37"mtr, 5.13 gears.

I am just amazed at this. Wait, this might explain it...

How many of you are women? :rof: :laugh:

I'm kidding. I think it's great that excessive speed bothers most people. It's unsafe, illegal, and dangerous to other people.

lol, I've been trying to keep it to 70/75 just to save gas. I have to stay out of the fast lane at that speed. 80/85 is the normal traffic speed on I-10.

I'm 4.5" lift with 32" tires and corrected speedo.

muckleroy said:
I am just amazed at this. Wait, this might explain it...

How many of you are women? :rof: :laugh:

I'm kidding. I think it's great that excessive speed bothers most people. It's unsafe, illegal, and dangerous to other people.

lol, I've been trying to keep it to 70/75 just to save gas. I have to stay out of the fast lane at that speed. 80/85 is the normal traffic speed on I-10.

I'm 4.5" lift with 32" tires and corrected speedo.

lol i forgot to mention i have no sway bars either...lol...:explosion

hahahahaha 115 on the shoulder on the hwy nxt to my buddy in his 05 stang....leaking oil like an sob the wholeeeee time! damn that rear main!!!

Back