• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fastest XJ

saxj said:
Hmmm... 100+ mph on M/T's = scary stuff.

Check out your tyres speed rating. Most M/T's are Q rated (or less) which is max 99mph.
Thats sustained speed rating though...a quick burst doesn't have the same effect.

I've had my Jeep up around 105. I had an '89 S-10 4wd with the 4.3 and automatic that I got up to 125 several times. It was as smooth as could be at that speed. The Jeep is quicker overall, but he S-10 was better at top speed.

rokspydr said:
makes it real fun for hunting imports THey usually have the dummest look on there face.

PapaPump said:
heheh those of us with 5 speeds can hunt imports in stock getup....

Yep, you gotta love the 2500rpm launches.

Its like Christmas morning when I see a civic or some other riced out p.o.s at a stop light. I love the immediate stare down that the driver always gives you. Then after that they usually look at the stoplight and start revving their engine thinking, "Is this guy serious, hes in a jeep." As we are thinking, "Wow this kids in a economy car with an exaust and intake, is HE serious."

ive had my stock 93 doin about 125mph one night with about 193k on it, it was bouncin around 5 on the tach. spedo was pointin streightdown i clocked it usin the mile markers and a stopwatch.

I cal BS on all of you without video, with the exception of JJacobs, I've seen his rig

i f*&^king love this s*$t
Yep, you gotta love the 2500rpm launches.

Its like Christmas morning when I see a civic or some other riced out p.o.s at a stop light. I love the immediate stare down that the driver always gives you. Then after that they usually look at the stoplight and start revving their engine thinking, "Is this guy serious, hes in a jeep." As we are thinking, "Wow this kids in a economy car with an exaust and intake, is HE serious."

I drive a complete stock 01 XJ and have done 120. This was told to me by my buddy riding his TL1000S motorcycle right next to me on I-95 a year back. It was scary quiet for going that speed with the wheels stretched out as far as they were.

You could always unplug your speedo sensor and use a GPS unit to measure how fast you are going. Mine doesnt get much past 85, starts to get wobbly and such.

~Alex

seanyb505 said:
Motorcycle speedos are rarely accurate, mine will say Im doing 75 if Im clocked doing 64. XJs have built in speed limits of 113 or 116, I cant remember
Speaking as someone who's been into bikes for over thirty years, I find this statement very odd...

From what Ive read and talked to people theyre usually off by 5-10% I havent been into bikes nearly that long, but what first hand experience I do have backs it up. Allow me to rephrase - My motorcycle speedos are rarely accurate.

Back