• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine stalled twice in deep water.

The matting under your carpet or mats won`t dry untill it`s removed and hung to dry for a few days. Which means you will have to remove the seat to get the carpet out. On another note I did sell an older cj5 to a guy that took it into a river and then allways had electrical probs with it till it " got stolen and was never found":huh:
Good luck with your new project !!

Yea, it does take some work to dry it all out. I’ve had fans and heaters on it all week and it is all dried out but a little bit of moisture coming from the lowest point in the drivers’ side floor pans. Judging from the drying process I observed all week (I’m kinda of an expert now) I expect that it will be completely dried out by morning or shortly after.

I’m sure glad I didn’t listen to your advice. :laugh3: Putting down heat and wind is much less work than what you’ve done!

i dont know man, the "Diaper" underneath the carpet will likely still be wet even if the carpet feels dry.

I bought my last xj with a leaky windshield, it was a trail only rig and stayed in the garage, aka it never had the chance to leak while i owned it, 8months after buying it, i pulled the carpet to install wiring harnesses for powered seats/mirrors/windows and the "diaper" was soaking wet. rust was starting to develop heavily around crevesis like the drain plugs..

The whole time i had it the carpet was dry.. i never expected what i found!

Hmmm, really? My MJ is also my trail rig that I keep garaged. I thought whatever moisture left would evaporate… Can’t imagine there would be much left after all the heat &wind. But now you have me thinking that I should pull up a corner of the carpet/mat and just see. Just when I was confident that I had this all under control… Thanks.

Back