• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

El Sheetbox

Re: El Junky

did you tack weld the caps?

I wouldnt think it would to tack em in. Where did you get those from? and at a good price?

El Junky

ytupabaq.jpg

Scared to pull 44 shafts out....

dude grab some scrap steel and build some sorta truss for that thing, and weld the tubes.

Mike,

very good call on the measure of wheel to wrench ratio. So many guys just wrench and hardly ever wheel their junk. I like that.

It's amazing how some axles seem to hold up well while others not so much. My rear dana 35 held up fine, geared 4.88 and lunch box locked on stock shafts and 14.5" wide, beadlocked pitbull 35's. My dana 30 would not stay together for crap. Broke 3 stock shafts, put in chromos, knuckle gussets, ballistic cover, etc and then blew up the ring and pinion. At that point I scored my hp44 for $150, swapped in the rear 60 I had laying around and didn't look back. I wish my 30 had held up half as well as yours.

Back