• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

El Sheetbox

El Junky

Did this today...
2a9yve3e.jpg

But wait till you see the video of how I did this.... Haha uploading on YouTube meow

Re: El Junky

post it!

El Junky

We'll... Replaced shaft... This will be the moment of truth if I break the shaft in a different spot or ring and pinion....
dy7e4u4a.jpg

Homemade btw!

what did you use, .120 wall flat steel? I like it ...

you should consider replacing your 3 hub bolts they look beat

Plating the u-joint caps was the same point I got to, right before grenading the r&p. when you finally give up on the 30, skip the 44 and go straight to the 60. I wish I had. $600 in axle shafts and I paid for a 60, yet still run a 44.

Yes, 4.88's. I think sticking with 3.55's is the only thing holding that poor 30 together in your rig. I only went with the 44 because I found a high pinion with warn premium hubs, welded wedges, geared 4.10 to match the rear 60 I had laying around for $150. It was cheaper to swap axles than fix my busted 30. It's held up pretty well except for the 35 year old shaft that broke at the neck down. Put in a set of Yukons and haven't broke since.

dig the home-made caps and nice speed through deloris. trails that allow you to carry that kind of speed are always my favorites. I can't wait to do that with ya'll next month.

El Junky

Haha I can't afford to keep racing like that... Lol ripped my track bar brace apart and bent my currie steering...

wow really? Damn. is the trackbar brace homebrew or aftermarket?

I highly doubt the beefyness of the track bar brace alone really matters, rock racing speeds on 39.5's and steelies would require a plethora of beef throughout the entire rig for everything to stay square.

Nice job on keeping that thing generally in-tact with that speed though. Looked fun

Back