• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dual t-cases eb dana 20/4:1 Klune V or just Rubi rock-trac 4:1 with an auto XJ, other

Dual t-cases, single 4:1 t-case gearing, Atlas 4:1+ in auto trans XJ

• Total voters
Re: Dual t-cases eb dana 20/4:1 Klune V or just Rubi rock-trac 4:1 with an auto XJ, other

basalt51 said:
I believe he has :D
Ya know...you would think I would see something like that when it is thr post right before the one I made, and I clicked the quick reply to make my post....

Time for a break.

Fergie

Re: Dual t-cases eb dana 20/4:1 Klune V or just Rubi rock-trac 4:1 with an auto XJ, other

Good Lord. 5 pages of thread for a decision that it is clear you have made.

You have procured a 241.

Have Ryan install it.

End of thread, end of discussion.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Good Lord. 5 pages of thread for a decision that it is clear you have made.

You have procured a 241.

Have Ryan install it.

End of thread, end of discussion.

CRASH

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, the klune/20 or the 241. I decided on the 241, but the thread wasn't only for my benefit. This is a very relevant thread, gearing is a very important factor in wheeling as those who have wheeled know. I was just trying to see what people thought and would run with the choices out there. I should have stressed, which choice U would chose based on the price and what U get for your $.

What's your crawl ratio Crash, don't U run a nv4500, 4.3 Atlas and 4.88 gears in your 44/8.8?

Big Red 18
BrettM 11
Mike L 6
nhrocker 2
BillR 2
xjnation 2
XJZ 2
Fergie 2
Kaczman 2
basalt51 2
91 Jeep Project 2
gearwhine 2
Rawbrown 1
Phil 1
jeepguy97 1
Bryan C. 1
IH8RDS 1
DrMoab 1
XJ_ranger 1
RCP Phx 1
Capt. Nemo 1
4ejsmith 1
ashmanjeepxj 1
CRASH 1

Make that 19, I started the poll and have been keeping it going thank you very much. :laugh3:

If you have a couple grand to throw at your jeep with the goal of making it more Rubicon, Fordyce & JV friendly, here's what I'd suggest:
Leave the tcase as is. You have an auto & deep axle gearing, this should be fine, at least for awhile. In the mean time, go wheeling & figure out what you need/want, then buy an Atlas.

Sell your rear LP9 3rd, buy a True Hi9 3rd.
Send Ryan a few more $$$ & have him narrow your axles. It will be cheaper to have him do it now than in 6 months.

Paul

Hey what happened to Big Red's "Grocery List" sig line? :wierd: If you truly want to run JV then get rid of the full width axles. They are not West Coast approved. I remeber a Land Cruiser that kept getting stuck on Aftershock. Anyone got pics of it?

-Mike

Mike L said:
Hey what happened to Big Red's "Grocery List" sig line? :wierd: If you truly want to run JV then get rid of the full width axles. They are not West Coast approved. I remeber a Land Cruiser that kept getting stuck on Aftershock. Anyone got pics of it?

-Mike

just for my own education - what is west coast aproved? who decides that?
just frowned upon, or strictly not aloud?

thanks
-Ranger

XJ_ranger said:
just for my own education - what is west coast aproved? who decides that?
just frowned upon, or strictly not aloud?

thanks
-Ranger

Frowned upon, especially when someone shows up with mods that our group KNOWS are going to fail.

In the narrow, tight, box canyons that we run in AZ and the SoCAl desert, full width axles force you to take some ridiculous high lines, forcing any sheetmetal you might have into the rocks. This usually bites the roof up near the drip rails first.

Now, on a fully buggified rig with a good driver, full width is not really a handicap, but you are definately going to be on a very different line than someone on 60 inch wide axles.

What good is all the extra stability if you have to take super-high lines to get through a trail?

CRASH

CRASH said:
Frowned upon, especially when someone shows up with mods that our group KNOWS are going to fail.

In the narrow, tight, box canyons that we run in AZ and the SoCAl desert, full width axles force you to take some ridiculous high lines, forcing any sheetmetal you might have into the rocks. This usually bites the roof up near the drip rails first.

Now, on a fully buggified rig with a good driver, full width is not really a handicap, but you are definately going to be on a very different line than someone on 60 inch wide axles.

What good is all the extra stability if you have to take super-high lines to get through a trail?

CRASH

WERD BRO! WERD!

Nuthin worse than trying to follow a full width yahoo through trails that the xj only clears by inches. HMMMMM I wonder how many full width guys run competitions? As far as I can remember NONE!

I checked out the link in your first post about the d20 swap and didn't see anything on their website about the AW4 transmisson. Is it a direct bolt in or is there an adapter? If so who makes it?

CRASH said:

CRASH

what ever... :rattle:

ashmanjeepxj said:

CRASH

Has he made a decision yet?

I finally voted.... :01of5:

Bryan C. said:
Has he made a decision yet?

I finally voted.... :01of5:

I voted also. I put my vote under the Atlas 2. That is what I would run if/when i have the money. Gotta get all blinged out fo' sho. Sho' you right.

Oh where's the poll on whether or not full-widths are West Coast approved? Big Red? :wave:

-Mike

Mike L said:
I voted also. I put my vote under the Atlas 2. That is what I would run if/when i have the money. Gotta get all blinged out fo' sho. Sho' you right.

Oh where's the poll on whether or not full-widths are West Coast approved? Big Red? :wave:

-Mike

Dude, you're really ithing for trouble aren't you. I'll just have to see how the full width axles do, I'll be testing them out this summer. I think I'll be o.k.

Back