• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drumnerd33 noob build

ok so i got a new camera now so i can take good pics again sorry about the last ones i had to use my camera on my phone. so my shackles came in and i got them installed on the relocation brackets and installed the shock bar pin eliminators.

184130.jpg

and here is the bar pin eliminators
201211.jpg

201226.jpg

so now im completely ready to install the rear axle tomorrow.

no you dont weld them to the old mount there is a bolt that goes through the old shackle bolt hole and then three on the frame so its not going anywhere... they are made by hd offroad engineering here is the link to the thread about them

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=955999

HD Offroad Quoted
"Once you have the brackets installed the way you want them. They must be welded to complete the install. Adjustability has been built in to help fine tune to your liking, and also to ensure fit with every vehicle."

That's why I was asking. Seems to be an old post, so I didn't know if anything changed over the years...

It's lookin good man. keep the pix comin i want to see the finished product.
I also i like those axles they look good. i'm actually trying to find on around here but i just can't find ones that are in my price range right now haha

You have to weld the bracket that the shackles bolts to, up to the bracket that mounts to the framebut you do not weld the whole bracket to the frame.... sorry I forgot to mention that part when you asked about welding

ok well it was a good weekend!! i got her on all 4s... lol, got the rear axle installed on friday night woke up on saturday morning threw in the axles and put the diff cover on and built the brakes and bleed the whole system, then started going through the checklist.... fill the diffs with oil... check brakes, check steering bolts, check lug nuts, check drive shafts, did i fill the diffs yet.... turn the steering to see if there is any clearence issues, did i fill the diffs......lol ok yeah we made sure the diffs had gear oil...
195829.jpg

200534.jpg

223813.jpg

pulling the pin on the arb... check out my handy tooth grinding work.. you have to grind one tooth with 4.56 gears on the 8.25 diff... kinda scary when we were doin it
230143.jpg

axles are in
230205.jpg

232810.jpg

brakes are built
142236.jpg

and on all 4s.....
193759.jpg

and we drove it saturday night but was midnight so we were tired and went to bed

ok sunday morning did a test drive and i have some vibrations so im pretty sure its the driveshaft cuz i know the angle is not right so i took the shims out and it still isnt right cuz its still straight... so im thinkin i need to put the shims in the other way anf tilt it down some.. tell me what you think.

200804.jpg

200815.jpg

You should really put some 1" plywood or something under those jackstands if you're in the dirt. Otherwise the jeep looks nice dude.

Hey thanks for all the compliments guys... Yeah there in the dirt but it's just for the tires to be off the ground a little not even like an inch or so... I was just spinnin the rear end to see if the vibration was from the tires or not

Back