• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dropped a Knife On My Foot - Ouch!!

xjohnnyc said:
I used to be a bartender ......
But I digress. What were we talking about?

Bartender? At the Blue Oyster Bar... LOL :gag:

Serioulsy E, go to urgent care just to be safe. At a minumum, do what Grimm says (did I just say that? :doh: ) clean it, antibiotic ointment, butterfly bandage, no wieght or pressure.

Good luck!

rpraterxj said:
Serioulsy E, go to urgent care just to be safe. At a minumum, do what Grimm says ...... clean it, antibiotic ointment, butterfly bandage, no wieght or pressure.

X3

You may want to think about getting a Tetanus shot !!!

Use newskin on it... youll be good to go. Just be ready for it when you spray it on there though :D

BlueBy-Usrt4 said:
yesterday i dropped my rear axle on my toe. not just an axle a whole dana 44. no good.

I dropped my D44 on my finger a couple of years ago. I almost got missed, but chipped the bone and had to have one of those finger splints on for several weeks. Did not break the skin or bleed, but man was it a nasty looking finger....

I think I'll get a tetanus shot tomorrow. It's been at least 12 years. After I got home, it started fussing together. I put some iodine on it anyway..

I didn't get any pics because it wouldn't do it any justice. It must have missed all the important stuff because there wasn't a whole lot of blood. Kind of weird. I couldn't tell what everything was that I saw in there.. Imagine making a slice in a piece of foam and opening and closing it.. It was kind of like that.. :shocked:

I was barefoot and didn't even see the leatherman go down.. I just felt it.. :scared: It was one of those moments >> :doh: It sounds like you guys had few too..

Well at this point, I'm not sure that any doctor would open it up to clean it out.

E

I'dstill have it looked at, sure would suck to get a major infection and be in pain for weks or even lose your foot tryin to be macho over some stupid wound... ;)

take advantage of the piercing and borrow one of Mike's earrings or something...most people pay good money for what you got for free! Time to start a new trend anyway!

xL8 APEKSx said:
Pics or ban! :)

It's already closed up... All you would see now is a red slit. Plus, like I said before, pics wouldn't do it justice since the cut was deeper than it was longer. It wasn't like my toe was hanging off.. LOL..... You would have to see it at the right angle to see how deep it was.. Plus, I couldn't held the camera and the cut open at the same time...

I know, I know.. I'll get pictures next... ;)

E

EliasJ123 said:
It's already closed up... All you would see now is a red slit. Plus, like I said before, pics wouldn't do it justice since the cut was deeper than it was longer. It wasn't like my toe was hanging off.. LOL..... You would have to see it at the right angle to see how deep it was.. Plus, I couldn't held the camera and the cut open at the same time...

I know, I know.. I'll get pictures next... ;)

E
Dude. How inconsiderate of you not getting pictures for us. What the hell were you thinking!!!

Next time your dropping knives, pics first !

I say you split that baby back open and take some pics. I'll be listening for your screams from my house.:laugh:

I don't know why you all wanna see pictures of Elias' gnarled feet. I think some of you have a foot fetish or something.

Elias...I, for one, do not ever wish to see your feet.

Elias,
I'll get a picture of nathan's toe, after he dropped the dana 44 on it...give me a few...

Justin

Alright.. this thread has taken a weird turn.. People with foot fetishes, sadistic people wanting to see or hear me in pain *cough Kyung cough*... and now a toe fetish *cough Justin cough*....

It was a good thing that I didn't post up my last doctor visit.. :eek: lol....

I really was trying to let this die.. but they keep pulling me back in... :laugh:

E

tuesdaysfall said:
dont do that it hurts...just put some super glue on it...thatll fix ya right upcory

another vote for super glue... that stuff is awesome on cuts! Closes your damage up fast!

Ha Ha...my sister dropped a dart on her bare foot when we were kids...funnyest thing I ever saw...her hopping around with a dart sticking out of the top of her foot. Took a pretty good yank to get it out..

On the serious side, make sure you got that thing clean. Puncture wounds infect easy cause they close up as soon as you remove the object..hopefully the knief was clean.

Back