• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone recognize this part - 2004 WJ

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
This part is mounted to the drivers side inner fenderwell, just behind the air cleaner box. There are 2 hoses/lines coming out of it. The bottom is a flexible line (plastic) that goes into the engine. The top one turns into a hard line that runs to the fuel tank.

There is a release valve on it, as well as a electrical connection. Symptoms of the Jeep (4.0 L I6) is lots of vibration at idle, moreso in gear than in neutral or park.

I noticed that this part was ticking...a steady, rhythmic click. When I unplugged the connection, the idle got worse. When I plugged the connection back in, it stopped clicking, but I suspect it will come back.

100_1748_zps258f79e9.jpg

100_1747_zps3c4ba15a.jpg

Never seen it mounted on the drivers side. Mine doesn't click but I hear it's common.

Handlebars is correct. Same one exists on most 90s XJs, too, I forget when they started installing them. My 96 had one and I know they existed through 01...

They can make a hell of a clunking sound because the construction of the firewall amplifies the sound of the valve plunger cycling. I could swear it was a golfball rattling around under the wiper cowling or something the first time I heard it.

there is a TSB to put an expensive couple of washer (rubber) on there to correct the tick feeling.

same thing is on my 00 XJ, i thought the turn signal was stuck on first time I heard it clicking.

Back