• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dishpan springs

Mr.XJ95

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. I've been working on my rig for about two years now and finally I think it's ready to hit the trail. I'm new to off-roading and I wanted to try out dishpan trail. How difficult is this trail? Should I not do this trail if I don't have another rig going with me. Appreciate any advice and tips. Thanks

A majority of dishpan springs is easy, until you get to the double waterfall obstacle. Depending on which way you go, it will either be towards the end of the trail or it will be one of the first things you hit. I have done it both ways, but my recommendation would be to do it so that the waterfall is at the end. I think this is west to east, but you get to enjoy the rest of the trail and finish off with a decent obstacle.

Depending on how built you rig is, the double waterfall can be REALLY fun or kind of a nightmare. It does have a couple of easy lines you can take and some pretty fun ones. I attached a video below of my buddies manual swapped 4th gen 4runner going the way i mentioned above, doing the hard line. He made it and hes only on 33s, but has lockers front and rear. I would think 33s and 1 locker should suffice.

Thats me spotting in the black shirt. If you pay close attention, you can see that you can easily drive around this stuff, but whats the fun in that?

Dishpan Spings

Damn that looks fun. I have 35" km2's with 6.5" RC lift, 4.88 gears, front and rear lockers and a winch. Looks like I'll give it a shot. Thanks Midwesterner

I'm very against going out alone, no matter if the trail is a dirt road or a Black Diamond nasty. I've run Dishpan several times, and the waterfalls are... interesting. I prefer going up, so the tough stuff is out of the way early and then it's a nice drive the rest of the way.

Trip was a success. Completed dishpan and holcomb creek without any issues. Had a blast. I really didn't wanna head out solo either but I had to test my rig out this week before I head up to mammoth next weekend.

51d797f2cb6a2b5b35a30debb8afee35.jpg

I only have this one on my phone I took right before the trail. When my cousin sends me the rest I'll upload more

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Guy in the vw is obviously brain dead.
Yeah, my buddy Mike was one of the guys that helped get him through. Said he had the the whole fam damnly with him, wife kids dog... Mike was not impressed...

But hey, Charles Manson spent 2 days getting a school bus up Mengal Pass...

Last edited:
But hey, Charles Manson spent 2 days getting a school bus up Mengal Pass...

Way off topic, but Mengal was a freeway in 1969, unlike today. Plus Wingate Wash was open. Now, Goler was a whole different story then. Still, getting that bus up there would have been "interesting".

David Bricker / SYR

Way off topic, but Mengal was a freeway in 1969, unlike today. Plus Wingate Wash was open. Now, Goler was a whole different story then. Still, getting that bus up there would have been "interesting".

David Bricker / SYR

That makes sense, after driving both a couple of months ago I was blown away that anyone, even someone as insane as Manson, would attempt getting a bus up Mengel. Goler you could probably get a Civic most of the way up now :)

So did the old Powerwagon in Ballarat belong to the Family, or is that just a rumor?

That makes sense, after driving both a couple of months ago I was blown away that anyone, even someone as insane as Manson, would attempt getting a bus up Mengel. Goler you could probably get a Civic most of the way up now :)

So did the old Powerwagon in Ballarat belong to the Family, or is that just a rumor?

The folks working the Keystone mine has made the road through Goler a freeway, all the way to the Keystone.

Powerwagon - rumor, and nowadays happily perpetuated by Rocky, since the flatlanders are infatuated by the story.

David Bricker / SYR

Back