• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detours Offroad Rock Slyders w/frame stiffeners???

Ronbo said:
Ronbo, did you add your own sliders to Marks stiffeners? They look different from his pics. I'm ordering my slider/stiffeners on Monday, can't wait to get them.

Edit: nevermind I missed your previous post. Nice work on the sliders. I have built my own before but I'm trying to save some build time on this new rig.

I have the Detours as well and love them....Can't go wrong and they look great!
Pic2ofJeep.jpg

The big brown santa dropped mine off yesterday, a day ahead of when Mark told me they would be here! Thats good service! They are well made, I'll post pics when they are on my Heep.

sliders1cn2.jpg

Left side does not fit. Talked to someone on email but gave up. guess i am on my own probably have to butcher a chunk out of the tube because the plate does not seat flush on the front bolt. Have not tried the right side yet.

Left side does not fit. Talked to someone on email but gave up. guess i am on my own probably have to butcher a chunk out of the tube because the plate does not seat flush on the front bolt. Have not tried the right side yet.

Whoa! Be patient, Detours is a "one man" operation and he may be busy in the shop

Call Mark, 1-606-845-0024

Whoa! Be patient, Detours is a "one man" operation and he may be busy in the shop

Call Mark, 1-606-845-0024

Emailed him and he gave me some advice, but what i've found I need to do is slice out a cut-off wheel's width all the way down the line and re-weld the tube back together. I have spent 6 hours on it already and that is only the passenger side.

I thought maybe it was just the driver side, and maybe just my jeep, figuring the previous owner got in a sight wreck and things were out of alignment. Well my theory was proved wrong when the pass side was just as bad. basically the front LCA mount and the plate on the detours piece were about 7/16" spaced apart (was is a half inch or 7/16" who knows, for sake of discussion it was f*cked)

Emailed him and he gave me some advice, but what i've found I need to do is slice out a cut-off wheel's width all the way down the line and re-weld the tube back together. I have spent 6 hours on it already and that is only the passenger side.

I thought maybe it was just the driver side, and maybe just my jeep, figuring the previous owner got in a sight wreck and things were out of alignment. Well my theory was proved wrong when the pass side was just as bad. basically the front LCA mount and the plate on the detours piece were about 7/16" spaced apart (was is a half inch or 7/16" who knows, for sake of discussion it was f*cked)

ouch, maybe his jigs got bent up in the move...
I have the JCR stage 2 sliders and I LOVE THEM - I only run 32" swampers so I really needed sliders with the rock crawling I do and they have been bashed so many times and never bend - its too bad that I had already ruined the drivers underside of my junk before getting them because it made that side a nightmare to install - oh, and a very confusing half hour until I realized there were rights and lefts

ouch, maybe his jigs got bent up in the move...
I have the JCR stage 2 sliders and I LOVE THEM - I only run 32" swampers so I really needed sliders with the rock crawling I do and they have been bashed so many times and never bend - its too bad that I had already ruined the drivers underside of my junk before getting them because it made that side a nightmare to install - oh, and a very confusing half hour until I realized there were rights and lefts

Mine were built since the move and I did have slight issues with the drivers side but my Heep had been hit on that side so I expected that. The pass side went smooth.

Back