• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dec 21, 2012?

How do you feel about Dec 21, 2012

• Hoax

Votes: 39 21.4%
  • You believe in it

Votes: 13 7.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 30 16.5%
  • Dont care

Votes: 100 54.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who is to say that the guy making the calender got bored, and forgot to finish it?

Or he was sacrificed before he was able to finish it?
the calender counts down to zero, and the zero date is just an end to a very long cycle of precession.weve actually had a few already, the last of which coincided with the biblicle flood.

the calender counts down to zero, and the zero date is just an end to a very long cycle of precession.weve actually had a few already, the last of which coincided with the biblicle flood.

Lots of things count down to zero - common timing mechanism in embedded systems. Usually, what happens is a pulse of some sort is emitted, and the the thing starts counting down again from the beginning.

Maybe the Calendar's a BASIC program, and on 12/21/2012 there's just a "GOTO <beginning>" statement?

god, I wish I hadn't posted in this thread. the way I search for threads, I just search my name and find the threads I've posted in....and I keep seeing this stupid thread come up. wish I could delete my posts.

On Dec. 21 2012 the destructor will appear in the form of Al Gore! He will brow beat us about global warming until we at least wish we were dead.

!!!1

god, I wish I hadn't posted in this thread. the way I search for threads, I just search my name and find the threads I've posted in....and I keep seeing this stupid thread come up. wish I could delete my posts.

Geeeez, don't take it so hard....it will all be over by Dec. 12th :sunshine: 2012

Don't care.

Why? Because if that is the end of the world, I can't do a damn thing about it anyway.

On Dec. 21 2012 the destructor will appear in the form of Al Gore,...
No, no,no,no,.. The distructor will appear in the form of the Staypuff Marshmellow Ma,....

oh, wait.

Never mind,..

Fact-
the earth and moon and sun will line up with the center of our galaxy.
Unknown- whether or not it will do anything.
possible pole shift, iirc

The true meaning of the Mayan calendar scenario does not mean the ending of the world, but "the ending of the world as we know it." Basically meaning the enlightenment, not total destruction.

That when we start counting down the last month Obama is in office right?

he lied

No, no,no,no,.. The distructor will appear in the form of the Staypuff Marshmellow Ma,....

oh, wait.

Never mind,..

cross the streams

Wouldn't it be a galactic eclipse?
correct!!!
lots of cool little side things about the mayans...
ex- the sarcophagus lid of "lord pacal" is one good example.
its a picture of him in a sitting/pilots position, flames off the back and feet and hands on controls.
the lid has a border with pictures all around it.and his nose has a funny banana thing on the end, uncharecteristic of usual mayan art.
make acetate overlays,a bunch, and take a single copy of the main lid and reverse it. now slide it nose to nose against the figure until the"banana object" dissapears. now there is a totem that reads up and down.
do this to all the figures around the side, and it tells the whole mayan creation story.
pretty advanced for an old culture,imo
also, there are stone carvings that depict a helmet/headdress that emits what looks exactly like magnetic waves.wierd.

Back