• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dec 18th cleghorn trail toy run

lol i don'y know what your talkin about island lol i drive like an old man lol

lol i don'y know what your talkin about island lol i drive like an old man lol

An old man on Crack. Your philosophy of "GIVE IT MORE GAS!!!" is scary as hell. One of the good things about wheelin with you is that you always entertain. In regards to the run, I havn't posted up yet because I was waiting on the green light from the wife. She had made plans for us to go to some lame family party that afternoon. It looks like we may be able to get out of it, which means I will join you guys on the run.

lockers not required on cleg, however in the mud or snow, u need good tires. the x trail is a different matter. it's alot of fun, but when wet it's tricky as hell.

once cleghorn is done we can split off.. i will have to take the toys to then drop but i'm sure of these experience veterans can lead the x trail/

Anyone know how long it takes to run the X-trail? I may only be able to run one of them and I would prefer the more challenging one.

if i'm not on call i'll join you guys for the xtrail.

if i'm not on call i'll join you guys for the xtrail.

Do you know where the entrance of the xtrail is? It's looking like I will only have time to run one trail that day and I would prefer to run X. Maybe we could meet up ahead of time and then cruise over to the start of the trail and wait for the rest of the group to meet us from cleg.

So what's the deal with the x trail? Is it crazy hard or do able on 33's open/LS? Rear diff protection required? Is there any YouTube vid of it?

So what's the deal with the x trail? Is it crazy hard or do able on 33's open/LS? Rear diff protection required? Is there any YouTube vid of it?

if its wet or snowy x trail is easily a 33+2 lockers trail
dry 31's and one locker, ive done it on 30's and 2 lockers but it was super hard for me and ive wheeled my rig extensivly on black diamonds

dry 31's and one locker, ive done it on 30's and 2 lockers but it was super hard for me and ive wheeled my rig extensivly on black diamonds

After that description I had to wipe to drool off my face. Sounds awesome.

Thanks for the reply! Never been to Cleg so i didn't know. The wife and i may have to split after the T-4-T part and find some other mischief to get into. :looney:

I'm trying to finish what I can on the rig. But I don't have lockers.. PERIOD. and am running like 29's?? maybe 30's. 235's to be exact. I'm hoping I'll be able to tackle it.

Either way i'm still going. As long as there aren't any big rock gardens.

Again, when people talk about the "X trail" are they talking about 2N17X? I ran into a couple months ago. I am open/open on 31s and made it with no real problems. It took me a little bit of effort and work with the brake pedal to get up the entrance hill and I needed a spotter at the end of the last steep hill to get over the top. But I didn't think it was too crazy.

Sounds like it might be way different when it's wet and I don't know how it is up there right now, so... make your own choices.

~R

a lot depends on weather the trail is being run a lot or not since the last rain. it makes a big differnce if your the first in or 100th but yes the trail can be easier than my rating but it isnt allways thus i rated it a little harder. id rather some one think its harder than think its easy and find out otherwise especially since there are a lot of people on here who have limited experience.

and yes thats the same trail.

Back