• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dealerships

Stumpalump said:
Seems like all I missed out on was a little spelling. Check out the mls listings in the town I live in today that I bought in with my crappy spelling:http://www.realestate.com/axx/applications/cob/asp/NSSearchResults.asp

Seems like you don't retain new information very well....I know you have been informed how to spell education properly, yet you still continue to spell it wrong. It's a mystery how you ever made it through school to receive this education you have.....

Your hot-linking skills suck, too :laugh2:

Part prices are very simple and have nothing to do with a vendor like Quadratech, or anyone else buying parts direct from a tier 1 supplier, Dealers do not have that option, Example, Explorer rear calipers, Currie buys Genuine Bosch Calipers From a Tier supplier and probably pays $8.00, if a Ford Dealer buys the same part from Ford we would pay 46.00. If you are going to compare and judge please know the facts before you assume you are getting ripped off! Plus when was charging Retail a crime.

IntrepidXJ said:
Seems like you don't retain new information very well....I know you have been informed how to spell education properly, yet you still continue to spell it wrong. It's a mystery how you ever made it through school to receive this education you have.....

Your hot-linking skills suck, too :laugh2:
I think someone is bored & cranky cause they didn't go to winterfest,LOL

Dirt said:
Spoken like a true customer... Auto techs deal with pessimistic BS like this all day long. Not only that but, they also have to deal with getting screwed by warranty work, diagnosing phantom problems that don't exist (except in the customers mind) and, being looked down upon for being just a... 'greasy mechanic' with no education.

Its true, I am a customer. Im also pessimistic but not just concerning auto mechanics, but doctors, lawyers, carpenters, dentists, etc. I dont discriminate based on education. I think there are incompetent people at all levels. There are also competent people at all levels. Im not the one who made the statement that auto mechanics working in shops other than dealerships were " high school edjucated mechanic". I simply said, sarcastically, that dealership mechanics dont generally have MBAs. Do you disagree with that?
As far as getting ripped off on warranty work. What???? Warranty work pays the same flat rate as any work does and an experienced mechanic that knows his stuff makes out like a bandit on flat rate pay. Sure, every once in awhile they run into a problem that takes longer than book time but at the weeks end, if they are any good, they come out ahead.

Just an FYI: Im not college educated, I went to a trade school and Im blue collar all the way. So for you to assume Im looking down on anyone because of their education or the fact they get dirty for a living is just dumb.

In my condo sipping fine spirits wearing my smoking jacket looking down my nose. Thats hilarious, thanks for the laugh. Believe me, you couldnt be further off the mark.

Last edited:
Get a friggin life! :looser:

This post originated in 2004! Last summer Fordguy resurrected it after it laid dormant for three years...and again today 6 months after the last time.

And in that three years there has probably been a dozen dealership vs stealership threads....I am getting ready to :puke: these threads are so :spin3:

Back away from the :geek: and quit !!!1

What does this :bs: have to do with getting ready for the best party1: of 2008? That is less than Eight months away!

That is all.

:peace:

Wow, its just conversation between friends, its not a life, its just a way of wasting a cold, windy, gloomy Saturday that Im stuck at home.
guess I'll go back to doing nothing for the next 8 months.:)

Welcome into the :spin3: thread, you are one of us now.

Who gives a sheet how old the thread is. Maybe we are bored and need stimulation.

FordGuy said:
I did not resurrect it, It came up when I clicked the new posts, Just replied!
Never searched it out, but will reply. Calm down.:doh:

Shame on you.
BTW: I spent about 3 years stationed just outside of San Clemente. Its a great little town, or at least it was 20 years ago.

Ray H said:
Shame on you.
BTW: I spent about 3 years stationed just outside of San Clemente. Its a great little town, or at least it was 20 years ago.
Camp Pendleton ? Love the base and all the Marines, I always hook them up at the Dealership. I have live in San Clemente for 14 years and do love it!

FordGuy said:
Camp Pendleton ? Love the base and all the Marines, I always hook them up at the Dealership. I have live in San Clemente for 14 years and do love it!
Yes, I was stationed at the very north end of Cap Pen. at a little place called Camp Telega, just outside of San Clemente.
Im glad you like the Marines being there. When I was there, it seemed that the majority of the locals just tolerated us.

I got to tell you, We love the marines, San Clemente just made a bitchin park just in honor of the Marine Corps. Anybody here that just tolerates the people who allow me my freedom, F--k everyone of them.

FordGuy said:
I got to tell you, We love the marines, San Clemente just made a bitchin park just in honor of the Marine Corps. Anybody here that just tolerates the people who allow me my freedom, F--k everyone of them.

I appreciate that. In all fairness, Marines sometimes arent the most gracious guests.
I wish I had taken better advantage of some of the places Ive been. San Clemente is one of those places. It always just seemed to be a fun and clean place to be.

Ray H said:
I appreciate that. In all fairness, Marines sometimes aren't the most gracious guests.
I wish I had taken better advantage of some of the places Ive been. San Clemente is one of those places. It always just seemed to be a fun and clean place to be.
You are right, but It is one group you do not stereo type. Plus if you are willing to give your life for me, I can put up with a little crap.

Ray H said:
Warranty work pays the same flat rate as any work does

This statement couldn't be further from the truth. Or, I'm completely misunderstanding what you're trying to say.

Dirt said:
This statement couldn't be further from the truth. Or, I'm completely misunderstanding what you're trying to say.
What he is saying is that if a Tech is paid $25.00 per hour flat rate(commission) His rate does not change whether he is doing Warranty work or Customer pay. The only thing that is different is that Warranty Flat Rate times are less normally.

FordGuy said:
When I was hauling cars I had to pick up someones truck there. Got my auto transporter stuck and got pulled out by a tank :D

Not your normal tow job but it was cool anyway.

Dirt said:

Years ago I worked at a dealer as a warranty manager so I dealt directly with warranty repairs. Granted, that was some 17 years ago and it wasnt for a Jeep dealer, it was a Mazda, Audi, Porsche dealer. Every repair that was done had a flat rate time that it SHOULD take to do it. It was the same flat rate for warranty work as it was for non warranty work. Recalls used a different rate so they didnt pay well at all. Many times the techs didnt even know if it was a warranty repair or not, they got payed the same either way. Whether a repair was covered by warranty was usually between the service writer and myself based on vehicle age, mileage and whether or not it had an extended warranty. Sometimes, especially with porsche, we would good will cover it under warranty. Lots of Porsches (fair weather cars) go over the age limit for the warranty before getting anywhere near the mileage limit. Porsche covered just about anything. Audi was just the opposite.
Anyway, point being, the techs had nothing to do with whether it was a warranty repair and many times, they didnt even know, and they didnt care because it payed the same to them.
Maybe its changed now or maybe different manufacturers do it differently. If so, I stand corrected, but this is my experience.

DrMoab said:
When I was hauling cars I had to pick up someones truck there. Got my auto transporter stuck and got pulled out by a tank :D

Not your normal tow job but it was cool anyway.
PICS ???

Back