• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daystar 1 3/4 inch lift

learjets

NAXJA Forum User
Has any one Installed - driven - or Removed one of these kits?
Looking for some feed back

Am I better off with a Rough Country 3 inch lift?

Thanks

I had one in for a while. It's worth it depending on what you're planning on doing with it. Since it's only spacers and shackles, your ride will remain almost exactly the same. I noticed a very minimal amount of added sway in the rear end at high speeds, but I also ran with no sway bar. A good thing is that they're cheap and you could always leave them in there with another lift to gain even more.

The install is pretty straightforward as long as you prep correctly and have the correct tools and don't rush.

What do you plan on putting on for tires and do you plan on other modifications? Also, what will it be used for? What type of wheeling/driving? Depending on what you plan on doing with it, it may be worth looking into a larger lift.

HTH!

I would like to install 31-10.50x15 on the Jeep.
99 % on road.
I've got 235/75-15 Kelly SUV right now.
Looking spending the least - without regretting it, and having to redo later.

I had the same dilemma I endend up going with the 3 in rough country. the rear gave me almost 4 in at the start then settled down to about 3 and 1/4 in. The front gave me about 3 1/2 in at the get go and settled to 2 1/4 after only 4000 mi and some serious pounding. I am not really happy with the rough country just for the fact that the front settled so much. The price was right ($100). When I do it again I will go to a top quality 4 in. lift I dont want to go too high because I do alot of pretty high speed wheelin and I want to keep the center of gravity down a bit.

learjets said:
I would like to install 31-10.50x15 on the Jeep.
99 % on road.
I've got 235/75-15 Kelly SUV right now.
Looking spending the least - without regretting it, and having to redo later.

I basically have the Daystar on my wife's XJ right now, except I have an extra .75" spacer in the front. My wife's XJ has 15x8 3.73 BS aftermarket wheels with 31x1050. It works, but rubs when backing out of my driveway. I does not rub the control arms at full turn, and does fine going forward.

If you use the OEM wheels, you will have less rubbing on the fenders, but you will rub on your lower contraol arms at fullturn. You can simply fix this by adjusting you sterring stops or just rub a bit and know where to back off.

IMO, owning both lift kits, RC and Daystar. I still use the Daystar parts. Everything except the 1.5" block that came with my RC 3" kit is in the trash.

For what's worth anytime you modifiy your vechicle, there will always be some type sacrifice. Just make when dealing with your suspension you get a propper alignment.

well i went with a daystar spacer a 2" add leaf in the rear and new up country rear springs and coils and i am going to install 235.75.15 and a 1" trans drop and i am very happy it is my daily driver and looks good with out spending a lot of $$$$$$$ :wave: :wave:

You get what you pay for. Simple as that.

The RC kit, is well, for street use only you could say. Don't waste your $.

The Daystar kit is nice but it will give you 1.75 inches in the front and MAYBE 1.25 in the back with the shackles. You will be able to fit a 30 x 9.5 and it will look nice.

You will need a quality 3 inch kit to clear a 31 without rubbing in any sort of offcamber situation. Even with the sways connected.

that is right you get what you pay for spend a thousand or spend a $100 starting as a basic kit a spacer and addaleaf will do fine unless you are a offroader go with a mid grade kit,, i had R C kit on my yj and it was a very poor ride then i sold it and got my xj :repair:

you can also pound the side of the stock lower control arm in with a BIG HAMMER about an inch. Make sure that you hit exactly where the tire hits the control arm....The control arms little lip on the side still provides stuctural support after being beat in.....just a little outa shape.lol......make no difference to driving or proformance.

Brian

Not true....I run 31/10.5 Yokohama Mt's, and have a 2" tomken econo lift. I go off road all the time and only cut plastic off of bumper, not fender metal. I do not rub and get full articulation with front and back swaY bars off and no extended bump stops. Will asure you that I can keep up with most of the dawgs. You may laugh...but hows that saying go: Its not the size of the dog in the fight; its the size of the fight in the dog. Here's a pic. Dont get me wrong, when I get some cash I will get bigger lift and bigger tires.
Brian
http://tinypic.com/288gi1

BeJay1981 said:
The Daystar kit is nice but it will give you 1.75 inches in the front and MAYBE 1.25 in the back with the shackles. You will be able to fit a 30 x 9.5 and it will look nice.
The Daystar kit is actually designed to give you one inch -- that's what the shackles produce. The front coil spacer is 1-3/4" but the intent is to replace the stock spring isolator rather than retain it with the spacer, which reduces that 1-3/4" by the thickness of the stock isolator.

If I were to get a Daystar Econo Lift kit, or maybe a RC or Rubicon Express 2" lift, would I have to drop my tranny and t-case? Where can I find RC lift?

I went with the 3 inch RC and 31x10.50x15 BFG AT no transfer case drop needed on 94 but the later XJ could need to drop xfer case due to vibs

I got mine from Jeeperz Creeperz, very helpful.

I have a Day Star 1.75" BB that I put on about two years ago, now I run it in conjunction with a 3.5" kit total should be somewhere around 5.5". I like it.

Eagle, thank you! I always assumed that was the reason for the mismatched front-to-rear heights, but I don't like to assume things. That's the first time I think I've read an explanation of it.

Back