• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 contact pattern help!!!

Yes I am using all new bearings and yes I saw that somewhere that the seal adds 3 inch lbs. I have 30in/lbs now just pinion and new bearings. And I saw with carrier installed it should be +8 in/lbs so all 3 I should have a total of 41in/lbs with seal and carrier correct?

Also I switched the sides the bearings were on just to see if anything changes, and of coarse it did I was .009-.011 BL to .006 BL just switching bearings. I measured bearing thickness and there all the same even the new in box ones. Anyone know ?

I just helped do my Dana 30 gear setup this weekend, We had everything dialed and then swapped new bearings onto the carrier, and backlash changed alot

I just helped do my Dana 30 gear setup this weekend, We had everything dialed and then swapped new bearings onto the carrier, and backlash changed alot

yep this happened to me.

How did you guys fix it? I don't want to press new bearings on just to rip them off and buy a new net every time I press them on. Its my first build any help at all is greatly appreciated

You can get the bearings off with a normal old cheapo bearing separator from HF without destroying them. The shims might take a hit though. Just make sure you inspect them before you reuse them to make sure.

You might have to press them off again and play with shims some more, thats all. I use a snap 4.5" bearing separator. got it off ebay. its nice on the bearings, doesn't destroy them. Or run with the together backlash. rear might not be ideal, I've known guys who swear by a tighter BL up front to help with deflection under load.

Back