• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CrazyJim's Jeepspeed/Prerunner XJ build

Re: CrazyJim's Jeepspeed/Prerunner build

Obviously... new years will be 2010 :D

Wanna come over friday and help me rip out my dash?

wish i was closer... ive taken out 6 of em now, all pre 96. i would love to rip into a new one :D

I can get a 96- dash out in about 20 mins now. not sure on the 97+ but dont forget to check for small bolts/screws holding the defroster vent on, there may also be a couple back there going into the firewall. also ive found it handy to pull any switch or anything like that, feed the wire back out the bottom, then plug the switch back in and let it sit on the floor. helps cut the confusion when you go to put something back in ;)

Are you going to do crossover with heims for the steering?

Picked up some goodies today for the Jeep while at Kartek, also visited the powder coater :D

IMG_0846.jpg

4 springs, two 14" 300 lbs, two 16" 350 lbs... :D Hopefully it'll work well.

And here's what I got back from the powdercoater :D

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

The axle is jet black, 2 coats, and a clear coat. The valve cover is the same color as my bumpers, and the same color that the rest of my suspension will be, steering, control arms, etc.

Hahahaha, great to hang with you guys today Jim!!

My Powdercoater is da bomb!! Your parts look sooooo clean!!

Hahahaha, great to hang with you guys today Jim!!

My Powdercoater is da bomb!! Your parts look sooooo clean!!
Hell yea, good seein' you too and BS'ing with Matt and all the rest of the racers.

Tom, tell Travis his work is amazing! He's a cool dude, super down to earth and doesn't care if I steal some of his ideas :D

BTW... the powder coater really is the shiz... great turn around time and amazing prices.

Will you just finish this thing already? i'm tired of lookin at it, i want a RIIIIIDDDEEEEE :D

Will you just finish this thing already? i'm tired of lookin at it, i want a RIIIIIDDDEEEEE :D

Haha, You'll get your turn... hold your horses!!

Jim,Travis was glad to meet and talk with you.Hope he can help some and not give away all the secrets(just joking).

It was super cool to meet Travis Tom, he's a cool guy! VERY knowledgeable about his race cars and fab work. I grabbed his card and will be shooting him a text soon to get some pictures of things. Tell him I said thanks for shooting the ish with me during the open house.

time to put that puzzle together jim

I'm trying!

It'll never work!:)

Here comes this guy... all the sudden wants to be on NAXJA :laugh: When's this ranger of yours supposed to get on the road? ENRIQUEEEEEE!!!!!

Well, I'm running the T&J cage, it sleeves together in the middle, which is super strong. That way I can completely remove the cage before welding it in. You can see here the entire cage is out of the Jeep. Just remove ALL interior first so you don't fight with it to get it in and out. Once you get the top welded up, put everything back in and finish the bottom.

IMG_0966.jpg

This guy is welding in sandals, HArdcore! Hope he has sunblock on... :p

it is more intense uv though. It probably doesn't matter for small welds but who needs skin cancer if you can avoid it? Gloves help avoid contamination, skin oils etc from my point of view(just getting into tig so take that for what it is worth:))

Looking good Jim!

Back