• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Blew a rod on my HoboFreight 7000 watt Generator the rest of it is good , so if anyone wants it for parts like alternator head let me know . If you don't live too far I can bring it down .This is free I'm just looking to see if anyone can use it for parts before I scrap it .

Blew a rod on my HoboFreight 7000 watt Generator the rest of it is good , so if anyone wants it for parts like alternator head let me know . If you don't live too far I can bring it down .This is free I'm just looking to see if anyone can use it for parts before I scrap it .
I know somebody who needs a fuel tank for a China generator...

If it is free, I'll take all. You don't drink, so all I can offer you is a cheeseburger. :)

If it is free, I'll take all. You don't drink, so all I can offer you is a cheeseburger. :)

Yes it is free . let me know when you will be around I'll drop it off takes Two to easily take it off the truck it weighs about 270 lbs with the gas in it .

270 lbs!!!!!!!!! Will it fit in the back of an XJ?

jXuWco5.jpg

Hey Mike, that pic is too small to make out the details... stupid photobucket.

Lmfao. Yeah I apologize. It's on my phone on imgur and I'm still sorting out how to edit size. Other pics in trip reports. More coming.

Anyone know what spring creek is like I am thinking about doing a fun run there tomorrow . My main objective is to try and make the first rock slab when wet I was never able to get up it raining and wet I got close so I'm thinking on the better tires I should have a shot... or will roll it .

Me, mike, and Dutch did it as a raining night run a few years back and were all able to make it up. I did fry my winch on that trip though.

Me, mike, and Dutch did it as a raining night run a few years back and were all able to make it up. I did fry my winch on that trip though.

Shouldn't need a winch the right side can be used if the hard side denies ...the winch would be used if I put it on its side , which I almost did at least 10 times trying it in big rain I either try it and say f-it or commit and get stupid . That was on Boggers that were not grooved or siped so far these tires walk everything they sucked at ...I still kind of regret not putting the extra $800 down for the 42 treps .

i ran spring creek yesterday in the rain. made it up the first slab rock no problem. did slide around on it a little at first. the rest of the trail was good. rock garden was pretty slippery in places.

Rookies, my dad and I were first to open spring creek every spring from like 2010-2014.
Rock garden is surprisingly easy with a foot+ of snow.

Shouldn't need a winch the right side can be used if the hard side denies ...the winch would be used if I put it on its side .

Difference is the trail has changed and my xj was straight and pretty. Reasonable thing is to winch before you flip them, daily driver after all.

270 lbs!!!!!!!!! Will it fit in the back of an XJ?

If you guys in Colorado run across these two pushing a jeep, LOL, or saving somebody from Vilians, they are mine, a pair of young Jedi Jeep fans. The short one is my daughter that moved to the Springs this year. The tall one, her BIG brother, is the one we call the Highlander (the Immortal), ran a 6 minute mile in High school 12 weeks after being paralyzed from the neck down with a slipped disk pair crushing the spinal cord for a week. Also the one that walked away with out a scratch, from a rolled on the freeway, totaled :bawl:89 jeep last fall.

My son was up there visiting 2-3 weeks ago, driving his new to him 2006 Liberty. Sooner or later some of you are are going to run across her. She is now an official photographer for the Spartan races, Has done the photography for several Major Rodeos, and so on, and was doing photography of Ricer races in Michigan last year. When she gits rich enough for me to retire in the way I would like to become accustomed, she plans to build a top line super lifted, monster tire, super geek-ed out XJ. One of these days, maybe I can get her to post up here.

picture.php

Rookies, my dad and I were first to open spring creek every spring from like 2010-2014.
Rock garden is surprisingly easy with a foot+ of snow.

i made it through it all easily. tried one line a few times but kept slipping off due to mud so couldnt make that climb. a couple guys ahead of us had some trouble and had to winch a couple times.

i made it through it all easily. tried one line a few times but kept slipping off due to mud so couldnt make that climb. a couple guys ahead of us had some trouble and had to winch a couple times.

The rock slab at the start of the trail was the only obstacle in heavy rain I have not made in heavy rain . I almost made it but could not carry enough momentum or traction to crest the last couple feet...this was on 40 inch modified boggers , so I'm hoping with the same aggressive approach the new rubber will give just enough grip to crest it .

Good thing I put off doing the gatekeeper in the rain today or I may have been stuck in the I70 wrong way accident backup .

Back