• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Good scored, but, you'll get tired of the noise it makes...

Noise doesn't bother me too much. I just turn my stereo up and/or wear earplugs.
The constant noise exposure got to me, even with hearing protection. Some nights I prefer to use hand tools and leave the radio off.

I'm in my shop more than my house in reality.

My shop stereo doesn't bother me being on 95% of the time.

If we still had cable, I'd throw on TV now and again.

I need to get my Ethernet cord run to the shop already (hoping to this weekend) to connect my router to act as an access point.

Then I can buy another fire stick, jail break it, and watch whatever I want (sports) :D

Got a few friends doing Chinaman's Sunday about 10:00 , So just throwing that out there .

Dude I can't wait to get mine done so I could join. Instead I'll be working on mine all day. :laugh: :repair:

Well My Daughter stepped up to the task and installed her new fan clutch this week on here 1989 Cherokee pretty much by herself with my help over the phone. She got a little elbow grease help from a friend and PB blaster on the bolts that did not want to come loose. She tested the new clutch with boiling water. And she pulled/disconnected the power to the AC clutch as a back up way to power the electric fan (if needed she turns on the AC to make the e-fan run, with adding the AC load and heat from the condenser) since the Renix Radiator e-fan switch is DOA. Never liked them anyway, bad location. IT seems to cool well enough with out the e-fan, so the radiator and cooling system seems to be top notch shape. :clap:
She is back on the road doing the Denver Col-Springs DD runs, work etc. Gotta love cell phones, camera and video cell phones.

The constant noise exposure got to me, even with hearing protection. Some nights I prefer to use hand tools and leave the radio off.

Took the Jeep to my local ledge this ledge was not able to be made on 40s at 106 wb with realistic throttle .On 44s at 5psi and 115-116 was able to somewhat walk it but it took forever to find a line to hook up and the grip was just shy of letting go...lol...same ledge on 42 Rockers at 5-7 psi walked like paved road . If I ever run a swamper again it would have to be a sticky Irok or sticky sx they would be the only interco rubber worthwhile putting on a crawler .

Glad I don't drive a car with low profile tires anymore and instead got these 10 ply 35s because on the way home I came round a blind corner only to find rocks washed into the road and the oncoming lane with car in it so I slowed down but had to hit them ...lol..last time that happened it was in a Grand Am with silly wheels and it took the tire and wheel out this not a mark .

Why couldn't Chrysler do to the humble XJ inline 6 what Ford did to the Holden Barra engine in Australia with the exact same displacement?

Barra 195
The Barra 195 is the last version of the naturally aspirated I6 engine and is in the Ford FG Falcon sedan and ute, G6, G6E (the BF Falcon MkIII wagon and Ford Territory SY and SY II SUV and Territory SZ RWD Petrol use the Barra 190 engine). Modifications made to the engine include a revised plastic inlet manifold on naturally aspirated models and new cylinder head, which achieved minor power and economy improvements over the Barra 190. This engine will also produce 208-212kW and 420-422Nm of torque, petrol version only, when it's running on RON98 octane fuel.

Power: 195 kW (261 hp) @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 391 N·m (288 lb·ft) @ 3250 rpm

Barra 310T FG
The high-power variant of the FG's turbo I6 is in the new FPV F6. Featuring a larger turbocharger and intercooler, this is the most powerful engine (and the first to produce more than 100 hp (75 kW) per litre) manufactured in Australia. Once again, Ford Engineers under-quoted the power figures for the F6, apart from the actual "in seat" feeling, there are numerous tests Australia wide that back up Ford Engineers' claims that the Barra 310T FG is actually closer to 360kw with the torque exceeding 700Nm. It is rumored that Ford under-quoted all Turbo 6 figures to save face and to save the V8 models at the showroom, when delivering the V8's figures at the time.

Power: 310 kW (416 hp) @ 5500 rpm
Torque: 565 N·m (417 lb·ft) @ 1950-5200 rpm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Barra_engine

Just for clarification...... Holden has nothing to do with the Ford Barra engine. It's a popular swap INTO Holden vehicles that had the Holden EcoTech 4cyl and L67 V6 supercharged engines in them........ which has destroyed the Holden (GM) / Ford rivalry in Australia...... clearly a testament to the quality and performance of the Barra engine if Holden folks are swapping them in.

Last edited:

LOL...... Mr. Wiggles approved!

I must avert my eyes.... cripes that's pretty.

Back