• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

The Colorado BS thread

Anybody go to Eagle Rock anymore down by Colorado Springs? Used to be a great short weekend getaway, but don't see many people talking about getting there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: The Colorado BS thread

cause thats where every idiot and tourist goes to play, old stage road gets kinda sketch with the morons not thinking it a two way road

Congrats. Hope it works out for you.

I had a bad experience there the one and only time I went.

We'll see where it goes. IMO, it was always a bit of a hit or miss experience based on how busy they were. One time I pulled a bumper myself from the yard because they were just swamped. They did usually let me cherry-pick the best parts though. And every time I went there, they got me EXACTLY what I needed. As an example of both points, I probably spent 10 or 15 minutes going through 3 or 4 boxes of yokes with a customer today to find the exact one he needed.

The Colorado BS thread

cause thats where every idiot and tourist goes to play, old stage road gets kinda sketch with the morons not thinking it a two way road

That's a good point, heard the trail was pretty torn up also. Too bad, it used to be so nice up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched The Wraith on Netflix, I haven't seen it in forever. I never noticed before that the blower motor on the Pontiac was completely non-functional. No belt on the pulley, pulley never moves, the butterflies on the air horn don't even move. :D

Yea but it's always been that way. We went up a month or 2 ago. Pretty washed out from what it used to be, but still a good trail. Got behind a group dragging a mostly stock jk thru the whole trail. Still a good trail that's close.

True story-walk into FN Jeep in Springs today looking to get rid of some stuff from my wrecked '96, walk out with a job. Owner didn't even look at my resume, just saw my dirty hands and clothes. Apparently, he let one guy go recently and another just up and quit, so it was him and one other guy working the place all day. Speaking of which, if anybody needs parts, shoot me a PM. The parts are in Colorado Springs for the time being. The Little Green Mountain Goat (RIP :'( ) was a '96 Sport 4-door, 4.0, 5-speed, 4x4, green with gray interior.

Congrats.

If you see any full size Jeeps come through (Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer, 74-83 Cherokees, or J trucks) let me know. I'm always on the lookout for parts.

They have a 79 waggy in there with a boatload of nice parts on it right now... happened to see it on craigslist.

Any opinions on running the CavFab steering over the typical 1 ton inverted Y setup?

Pricing is pretty similar between it and a kit from RuffStuff.

I can ask the guy from jeepology. He's all about it. Incentives may do that, not sure.
Their stuff looks pretty legit.

FML!

I got a job offer this week. As I'm doing the happy dance I jamb my little toe. Yes, I'll be working on my feet, I start Monday.

I guess they'll see that I'm more than a pretty face. ;)

I don't think "you" and "pretty face" belong in the same sentence...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I don't think "you" and "pretty face" belong in the same sentence...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They have already seen my face, once... :moon:

Congrats.

If you see any full size Jeeps come through (Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer, 74-83 Cherokees, or J trucks) let me know. I'm always on the lookout for parts.

Yeah, there's some stuff like that. Sounds like the boss is getting ready to scrap an AMC 360 soon.

Edit: West 29th Auto Salvage down in Pueblo also has tons of full-size Jeeps out on their yard.

Last edited:

We'll see where it goes. IMO, it was always a bit of a hit or miss experience based on how busy they were. One time I pulled a bumper myself from the yard because they were just swamped. They did usually let me cherry-pick the best parts though. And every time I went there, they got me EXACTLY what I needed. As an example of both points, I probably spent 10 or 15 minutes going through 3 or 4 boxes of yokes with a customer today to find the exact one he needed.

FML!

I got a job offer this week. As I'm doing the happy dance I jamb my little toe. Yes, I'll be working on my feet, I start Monday.

Congrats to both you guys!

FML!

Congratulations Mike!!!!

Back