• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

we did not find out the house we were going to buy was an HOA untill i was on the last page of closing needless to say i was pissed and walked away from that house real quick like.

so instead we found a nice fixer upper and are now in the process of finishing the remodel just in time to get back to the front range. so i guess my first house could be considered a flip it house. And man am i not wanting to do the whole remodel thing ever again!

Ben, look at it this way... If the neighbors get pissy about you working on your car, tell them you'll gladly make the property look like it did when you bought it, if that's what they want. Gotta love fixer uppers.

the house we did buy was not in an HOA but i have had to say something along those lines to one neighbor who is insiting that i cant put up a privacy fence and give her a partial bill. i have showed her the city code that states if an ajoining fence line is in need of repair or install the owners must split the bill 50/50 for materials and labor.

the chain link is falling down and needs replaced bad, so we wanted to do privacy fence. i am a very handy guy and am installing the whole fence myself so no labor to pay for and she still refuses to help pay for the 60 or so feet of fence needed for her side. my other neighbor payed up as soon as i asked if it was ok even before mentioning the law. but she still holds out so now i have to go to the dang city board and file a complaint and have them get involved.

the house we did buy was not in an HOA but i have had to say something along those lines to one neighbor who is insiting that i cant put up a privacy fence and give her a partial bill. i have showed her the city code that states if an ajoining fence line is in need of repair or install the owners must split the bill 50/50 for materials and labor.

the chain link is falling down and needs replaced bad, so we wanted to do privacy fence. i am a very handy guy and am installing the whole fence myself so no labor to pay for and she still refuses to help pay for the 60 or so feet of fence needed for her side. my other neighbor payed up as soon as i asked if it was ok even before mentioning the law. but she still holds out so now i have to go to the dang city board and file a complaint and have them get involved.

Well that's a bitch. But still, I'd prefer that to an HOA.

I wouldn't even get the city board involved with her. I see it as just a waste of time. That 60 or so feet of fence is gonna cost what about 100 bucks total? My neighbors had put up new privacy fence and I helped him put it up he wasn't gonna charge us. Although I think my dad did give him a little bit of cash. Then our other neighbor built a new fence also and didn't even tell us we had to pay anything... but if you decide to get the city involved that's your choice...

the only problem is that all parties have to sign off on the work to be done for the city to grant the permit. so now that i have told her that she has to pay she is completly against the whole thing. i was talking to her this morning and she is dead set on just stringing new 4' chain link. so being the hard headed guy i can be i told her no deal and either she signs off on the privacy fence or ill have to go to the city for help... and i dug my self a hole that has no option of just paying for it myself, and doing the work. i will most likely let it all cool down install the other two sides of the yard and hopefully get her to see how nice the fence looks and can continue the fence at a later date....

Meh, she sounds like an uptight Baptist. Just tell her you want the privacy fence to keep her from being offended when you and your 20+ friends get together for the weekly hot, sweaty spider monkey wild sex-fest parties.......... Then tell her "well, you've been warned."

:D

Meh, she sounds like an uptight Baptist. Just tell her you want the privacy fence to keep her from being offended when you and your 20+ friends get together for the weekly hot, sweaty spider monkey wild sex-fest parties.......... Then tell her "well, you've been warned."

I remember those, in my early years (15ish years ago).

when you and your 20+ friends get together for the weekly hot, sweaty spider monkey wild sex-fest parties..........

Heh heh, oops, silly me. I forgot Ben's way up in Sterling...... I imagine they call those events a "cattle drive"......

Regardless, I'm betting it involves a whole lot of ropin', whippin' and yee-haw'in...... and spurs......

Last edited:
Back