• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Hahahaha. Ya I do need something there lol. Once I build a rear tho it'll be comin off

Anybody know how to set up a will? I ship out soon and with a direct combat MOS I don't think it'd be wise to go without one.

talk to jag, they will do that for free. also, you should have a station in your predeployment screening

taking my block to the machine shop tomorrow for boring honing and decking!!! stroker time!!!

what exactly is a direct combat MOS?

Military Occupational Specialty

He'll be infantry or some other combat assignment. We'll all be keeping our fingers crossed that he doesn't become a bullet-sponge......

Keep yer melon down Mason, and do it to them before they do it to you. :thumbup:

This fawkin' war needs to end and pronto.

and i geuss the better question is what isn't a combat MOS, 12 months in baghdad i saw every one from cooks to arty guys door kicking and doing patrols.

Well, I didn't know - had to look it up and posted up for the rest of us non-military types...... :thumbup:

:D

and to answer masons question. don't worry about it right now man, every one punching out has to go through a process called SRP (soldiers readiness processing) and you will make a stop at legal, where they can set up wills and POA's both general and specific. and get ready for some shots too!

Lol I know I've gotten the shots and all that at MEPS and I'm sure there's more comin.
As for the MOS, I know everybody in a combat zone will see some combat, but I've got a contract for the Airborne Rangers.
Didn't know bout SRP, but I suppose that covers everything... thanks guys.
And thanks for the good wishes guys, I appreciate it :thumbup:

Mason keep your head down over there and thank you for your service to this great nation.

mcantar18c said:
Anybody know how to set up a will? I ship out soon and with a direct combat MOS I don't think it'd be wise to go without one.

In Colorado, you can write your own.
MUST be hand written and signed; NOT TYPED/PRINTED.

Thanks and stay safe!

In Colorado, you can write your own.
MUST be hand written and signed; NOT TYPED/PRINTED.

Thanks and stay safe!

Technically correct, but let JAG do it for you -- its what they do and there are often special considerations for soldiers. Keep your head down, Mason! :peace:

A picture of the River crossing on the North Fork of the Poudre at my uber-secret campsite from this morning -- that's a 35" Maxxis Treapador that you can't see, and Wacky is only about 1/4 way across!! :wow: Hope the water is down a bit before we camp there in a few weeks!

IMG_0824.jpg

Lol I know I've gotten the shots and all that at MEPS and I'm sure there's more comin.
As for the MOS, I know everybody in a combat zone will see some combat, but I've got a contract for the Airborne Rangers.
Didn't know bout SRP, but I suppose that covers everything... thanks guys.
And thanks for the good wishes guys, I appreciate it :thumbup:

Airborne INF , right on ! Then I suppose you'll be doing your basic and AIT at
FT. Benning GA , Airborne school next then Ranger . All of your training will
more than likely be at Benning . Don't worry , they'll have you should I say ,
Squared away in no time . 30 th AG will take care of all that before you even hit basic .
Listen to your Drill's and keep your eye's open , mouth shut and you'll do fine .
Served 5th group SF / Airborne Inf , enlisted and I've got more scars working
in the garage than I ever got in the field .

Thanks guys, it means a lot :thumbup:
I was SUPPOSED to ship out on the 7th (Monday), but it's been pushed back till early or mid July :flamemad:
And yup, Ft. Benning it is. I guess I should be thankful that I'm not going to GA in June now... I hate humidity lol.

Random question... why do people still think diesels are slow? :dunno:

Back