• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Yeah, the website is pretty useless via computer. It just gets too bogged down by all the advertising going on. It's been that way for awhile now, that's why I always just used the phone app.

Customizing your security, using a better browser and using ad blocker may help.

I deleted my account once I got my stuff downloaded, so problem solved.

Well the weekend is here, time to procrastinate :gag:, go see the new Spiderman movie? or don my Jedi outfit and go use the force to find and find that damn cloaked CPS bolt that fell into the bell housing :bawl: earlier this week. :soapbox: . May the force be with me.:cheers:

Substandard parts are tiring. NAPA couldn't deliver a matching pair of non-defective drums. Neither could O'Reilly's. Auto Zone for the win. Who would've thought getting a matching pair of non-defective rear brake drums are a thing. Yes they are 10 x 2-1/2" so not as common as the standard 9".

Substandard parts are tiring. NAPA couldn't deliver a matching pair of non-defective drums. Neither could O'Reilly's. Auto Zone for the win. Who would've thought getting a matching pair of non-defective rear brake drums are a thing. Yes they are 10 x 2-1/2" so not as common as the standard 9".

Drum brakes I have not seen a set since the first car I bought as a kid in 1993 it was an 84-Buick Century ...lol...Thought they died off with the Rotary dial phones ?

Got drums hiding inside my rear discs on the Ram. Not looking forward to those.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If any one here is in Denver right now, my daughter needs some minor road side help in Denver ...Hapden Heights Park. The Renix coolant bottle cap just died. Working on getting her friends to go grab DI water, green coolant and a Volvo cap at NAPA to take to her.

But she was thinking of getting friends to tow it to Colorodo springs, but It is a 4x4 so I warned her not too........, but we need to make sure it was just an old cap failure , and not something else that blew the cap? (could have been an ancient OEM Jeep cap, she sent me a photo, the guts disintegrated on the old Jeep style cap and lost the pressure seal). She says the bottle is fine, the leak was at the cap, blew steam coolant everywhere near the cap/bottle.

If any one here is in Denver right now, my daughter needs some minor road side help in Denver ...Hapden Heights Park. The Renix coolant bottle cap just died. Working on getting her friends to go grab DI water, green coolant and a Volvo cap at NAPA to take to her.

But she was thinking of getting friends to tow it to Colorodo springs, but It is a 4x4 so I warned her not too........, but we need to make sure it was just an old cap failure , and not something else that blew the cap? (could have been an ancient OEM Jeep cap, she sent me a photo, the guts disintegrated on the old Jeep style cap and lost the pressure seal). She says the bottle is fine, the leak was at the cap, blew steam coolant everywhere near the cap/bottle.

Is she running now?

Is she running now?

Yep, interesting story. Will post it all later. Thanks for the calls and help.

Been working on the shop some more, amongst other things.

Got one corner knocked out:

35713179741_25cbd4169f_c.jpg

That leaves two more wall sections (since I won't be touch the other areas for now).

Got a shelf made up for storage (saw this on Pirate a number of years ago, and had been waiting to make it).

35457089200_7bd3818ff8_c.jpg

I had planned on building a holder for my DeWalt stuff, but Lowes had this nifty piece, essentially exactly what I had planned on making. After coupon it was ~$90. It will get remounted once I finish this wall. I need to get my natural gas disconnect first.

35457089440_fc469c755b_c.jpg

Now I just need to clean the disaster that has become the shop. And, maybe turn some attention to the buggy to get it trail worth again.

What's it like to be able to post pics?

I've forgotten.......... Eff'n Photobucket.

Be nice if most of the folks who come up the hill for the weekend would not and just stay down town . I say that because 90% of the folks that come to play in the woods do not follow the rules they feel they are entitled to have their good times , so despite dry weather and active fire bans they go ahead and have their camp fires discharge their firearms and play with their fire works despite that being forbidden by the restrictions .

Is she running now?

Had her running for 3 minutes at 3500 rpm today, let it idle and after about 10 seconds she died for good.:(

It was not the CPS!!!!

It was not Dizzy needing indexing.

It was not the valve train.

It was not the usual suspects!!!!:laugh3:

The sheer pin holding the gear onto the dizzy shaft died, slowly, in stages, and today after running at 3500 rpm for 3 minutes, it completely gave up.

Wasted a lot of time dorking with changing the CPS. The new one had 1/3 the peak AC voltage while cranking of the old one. But I was getting desperate and was not yet convinced it was bad valves on the head. I fixed the new CPS with a hammer and a long crow bar,:twak: literally :laugh3: LOL. Got the cranking voltage up from .20 (even after drilling out the holes to one size larger and slotting the bottoms side), to .65 just by bending the arm. I think pushing it away from the gear teeth a little bit may be the real trick on Renix CPS performance boosting?

Putting the new dizzy in Wednesday when/if I get time.

Be nice if most of the folks who come up the hill for the weekend would not and just stay down town . I say that because 90% of the folks that come to play in the woods do not follow the rules they feel they are entitled to have their good times , so despite dry weather and active fire bans they go ahead and have their camp fires discharge their firearms and play with their fire works despite that being forbidden by the restrictions .

I agree!

David and I camped out Saturday night, and I saw 1 campfire and heard gunshots off in the distance. :flamemad:

I swear only stupid people are breeding.

Your shop looks too nice now. Is that just conduit you used for the rack? I might rig something up like that

Yep, conduit and some 1 x 10. Though, I think it *should* have been 1 x 8.

Either way, it still works.

Now with 20% off worth of coupons, I've got a 60 gallon Kobalt Compressor on the way :laugh:

Our washer (refurb) took a crap, so added the compressor onto that order...I hate buying appliances...

Back