• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

2 years ago we got like $5500 for our 99. It had a lot of hail damage, the outside wasn't the prettiest but the interior was clean. Had like 207k on it. $3400 is pretty low

Spent just over $7,000 mostly in labor 6-years ago at a well known shop the Jeep luckily was only use a few times a year for a few years after the work and never really drive it to the fullest the sat for Two years while I spent what little time I had on weekends rebuilding much of the Jeep ...lol...the first good hard run out to Carnage and giving it a good try on the waterfall...lol...that shops welds failed miserably as the truss/link bridge just popped off the axle tube on driver side leaving only a ghost line at the tube. I had left my phone at the truck so got no pictures of the shyt welds . While under the truck Rollingblubbler pointed out my right passenger arm was missing a bolt the bushing was sitting on the axle pad . I figured I sheared the bolt since after all it was a tiny 10mm bolt.....Well today I got around to modifying the JK replacement bushings and upping the axle side uppers to 1/2 bolts ...lol...well factory bolts are 10mm grade 10.9 that is the metric equal to...grade8...well I found that that shop that charged me ...thousands...to install the prefab parts used ...grade motherF-N 8.8 metric this is at best grade 5 equivalent and a down grade from the stock factory bolt...no wonder it sheared ... 10mm is small to start and that shop was installing on q Jeep with a d60 front and 40 boggers they are so proud of their work they charge arm and s leg but pull this garbage...here is a pic of the surviving 10mm 8.8 the shop installed....keep in mind 10.9 grade 8 is stock and then realize what this shop was building ...PURE B.S. IMG_20170626_28583.jpg

Ran grizzly lake this weekend. Never done before. Ledge at start is big! Wet tires doesn't help. Never really saw a description, but the half mile long shelf road/hill climb/moving landslide was pretty interesting. Rest was uneventful but great scenery up there. Found some cool mining equipment, the screen fields are pretty cool to drive across and the lake was sweet. Got behind a local club out of Buena Vista that was clearing the trail of all the fallen trees. My little bow saw would've been no match for those... Talked to them for a bit, pretty good guys. Stopped in St Elmo for the prerequisite chipmunks feeding. Good trail for whoever goes for cofest.

34738414154_0a0d876eaf_c.jpg

34738412064_a27ebb0a01_c.jpg

34738442344_27483ba27d_c.jpg

Last edited:

House of Heeps is officially no more........ I just couldn't justify the rent hike to $400/mo. for this space...... and my obsession.

IMG_20150506_112232126_HDR_zpstt2nr1wk.jpg

IMG_20170625_180852808_zps7ivzmzkg.jpg

What "stuff" I still have is now crammed into a 40' shipping container and most of that is the hard to find MJ stuff or pieces for my remaining projects and my MJ trailer.

IMG_20170623_194108933_zpsr7arkvmb.jpg

The '46 Olds and trailer and one MJ are occupying a 37' RV space at the new storage lot where the rented container is. The '67 Cutlass, '64 Polara and '91 Eliminator are at the house where I can focus on getting those fixed / worked on.

Kind of liberating actually........

HUGE thank you to Mazen "smokeyyank" for lending his help (and his back) with moving several of the large items! :worship:

Last edited:

No worries! Glad you got it all moved.

Now lets get that Eliminator built!

Gotta have resolve to make a project come to fruition .

So you're saying I need carpet stain remover in order to get fruit???? :dunno:

Gotta have resolve to make a project come to fruition .

I think this is the most coherent post 1-ton has ever made -- both capitals and puncuation... and yet, its misunderstood.:clap:

Tracking my wheels and it appears good ol' fedex has sent 1 box on one truck out from California via I-15/I-70'and the other 3 through I-15/I-80 through Utah and wyoming...so 1 damn wheel is at the Henderson Ground hub the other 3 are in wamsutter ,wy ...as long as they get all 4 to the hub today and don't screw up getting them back together and delivered by Thursday I won't be too pissed ...I just got my fingers crossed they don't damage or mix up freight and cost me my 4th of wheeling weekend .

You got lucky!

We sent cores to be reconditioned. Some cross-dock yahoo @ YRC thought Carson City, NV was in Canada. No, I'll never forget that one. :mad:

Probably going to head up to Wheeler Lake with a few friends Sunday to play around on the trail . I will know the time frame Saturday , so just throwing that out there in case anyone is looking for mild day of wheeling .

I get a roof, 4 walls, doors and a concrete slab for less than that.

Hell my house note was less than that. I did pay a bit more for my last jeep, $450

What time? Might head up there with you.

Will know the time Friday-Saturday I. I do know we are meeting at the loaf and jug at the light in bailey off 285/cr43 the same one used to meet for slaughterhouse ,and we we will head to fairplay from there .

I have a flare tool...lol...somewhere for brake lines , but where is buried in the garage , so I just had new lines made at 4 to go off 44th/ward up the road from the T/A cost about $10 . I had them do a front line Two months ago and it is a tough line was also cheap . Just a heads up if anyone needs a custom line .

Lol...wow...I came in at 1900 from waiting for fedex and my wheels then at 1945 I call the hub figuring they could not finish today and I would just pick them up tomorrow to get them early enough to get on my jeep ...well at 1945 the delivery notes say delivered at residence so I figure WTF must have went to wrong addy , so while on phone with fedex hub I walk out and look and there they are sitting in the driveway by the door . I was home never so much as a knock and the dog would have heard it ...lol...had I not went out to look or called and just assumed no delivery today they ...$1200....in wheels would be sitting outside this seems careless despite it not being in the city since stuff gets stolen here as well . I could see a couple good knocks and doing what he has to , but house is quiet and not one knock .

Back