• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Lol...wow...I came in at 1900 from waiting for fedex and my wheels then at 1945 I call the hub figuring they could not finish today and I would just pick them up tomorrow to get them early enough to get on my jeep ...well at 1945 the delivery notes say delivered at residence so I figure WTF must have went to wrong addy , so while on phone with fedex hub I walk out and look and there they are sitting in the driveway by the door . I was home never so much as a knock and the dog would have heard it ...lol...had I not went out to look or called and just assumed no delivery today they ...$1200....in wheels would be sitting outside this seems careless despite it not being in the city since stuff gets stolen here as well . I could see a couple good knocks and doing what he has to , but house is quiet and not one knock .

Ain't nobody got time for courtesy. Driver was probably pissed he had to unload that stuff. I can have my co-worker send your entire neighborhood the 10 pound Grianger Big Books addressed to Russian Wrestlers if you want. That's what my co-worker did as proof of concept after UPS blocked me out and marked my package as undeliverable. And UPS delivered the Big Book to some random house 3 days later. I think my co-worker hates UPS more than I do. :D

Ain't nobody got time for courtesy. Driver was probably pissed he had to unload that stuff. I can have my co-worker send your entire neighborhood the 10 pound Grianger Big Books addressed to Russian Wrestlers if you want. That's what my co-worker did as proof of concept after UPS blocked me out and marked my package as undeliverable. And UPS delivered the Big Book to some random house 3 days later. I think my co-worker hates UPS more than I do.

They deliver back here often the road is less than county quality and steep enough that I. summer if you stop on the hill in 2wd you will not get moving...we can.just stop plowing and sanding them with our personal equipment .

What is up with the photobucket errors? I just logged on with my phone and it didn't prompt me to update for 3rd party hosting. Or are they now wanting you to pay?

What is up with the photobucket errors? I just logged on with my phone and it didn't prompt me to update for 3rd party hosting. Or are they now wanting you to pay?

Yep, completely screwed tons of people. You can no longer host on 3rd party sites without paying a fee......

:badpc:

Jerks

Insult to injury, I have been getting this for some time now:

attachment.php

norton_photobucket (800x425).jpg

Last edited:

Yup. I foresee an angry mob in their near future.

It's one thing to ask for people to pay, but to suddenly change their policy without even a heads up email is complete BS. Let alone $400 a year to simply allow hot linking is insane.

Got home around 1530 was about to mount the tires then realized my $300 per wheel to allied/raceline does not cover a $1.00 rubber valve stem in the hardware , so I make the trip to oriellys grab a few valve stems and head back In the holiday weekend traffic up the mountain get home at 1730 and realized I grabbed wrong size stems , so back to oriellys and grab the small stems and then back through traffic and home at 1945 , which now it's too late to work in the storage lot due to neighbors., so.I decide.to load the wheels and tires into the pickup and take them over to the garage . At 2100 I had finally started my first wheel , and to my surprise they install super easy , but to torque 128 bolts by hand not so fast ,and I got two wheels done and realized I forgot to tape the inner beads , so I left them and did the next two remembering the tape layers on inner beads , which it takes a good 15 more psi to seat the bead with 3 tape layers , so I imagine they will be harder to burp at low psi ...too bad I only did Two . At about midnight I decide I am going to roll these 4 large rubbers through the field to the Jeep and put them on with only my phone light as to not light up the neighbors house . I wanted to see how they fit compared to the 44s since the jack stands were left.at the exact level it took to slip the 44s off., and to my surprise these 42s sit just as tall as the 80% tread 44s , so I'm glad I skipped the 44 rockers ...anywho it was about 0130 when I came inside ...pribably going to just leave my rear shock mounts bent and just do the few things I need to and do the mounts when I can legally cut and weld with no fire ban .

Started working on the jeep yesterday, had a 3 inch lift that had been sitting in the garage for a year or so, got that installed. Picked up a front bumper and end caps for it, replaced the turn signal, headlight bucket and repainted them black. Waiting for a tail light to show up and Sunday I will be doing the bumpers and fender flares with black bed liner. Too much gold on this jeep so decided to offset it with some black.

20170630_140359_zpso3zuoo1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20170630_180021_zpsyymmcl9b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

At about 0830 tarted working on putting the jeep back together since I had tires on it not just 4 jack stands on a trailer deck , and at 1430 came in to handle my business and get back to work ..lol... I finished up at 0030 and it never fails while working I don't eat or drink and will knock out 12-16 hours like that and only realize I feel like shyt when I stop working . Anywho I checked the phone when I got inside and neither of my friends who planned the trip called , so either it will be a last minute morning call or I will be running something Monday . I still need to top off my diffs and power steering reservoir since I realized at 2230 I had neither left ...I'd rather wheel Monday anyway after an easy day .

As expected no heads up on trail time until 1000 Sunday while on the crapper , so sorry I could not give anyone a time to meet . My brother asked if we could pull the door skins for more open air...lol...well 1/2 way up it rained 3/4 it snowed and dropped to about 30 degrees . Was a good run no holes in my tires this time , but I did lose my winch wireless remote I did not use the winch ,but managed to lose the remote . I had forgot to pick up a new drive shaft slip yoke so I used an old junk one that had part of the retaining lip for the snap ring gone and I intended to weld it but forgot until too late , so I knew it was not a solid unit and took it easy on it while on trail so no spinning tires in the snow pack...and then while driving to my trailer to load and go home I decided to beat on it and decided to power slide the rear out to line up with my trailer and the new rubber would not easily let me slide the rear so I hammered it which I instead of the rubber letting go the beat up yoke did , so I tried getting on the trailer in 2wd and was just shy of it but could not get the rear to come up ...lol...however the 44tsl could not even get the front on the deck in 2wd , and now the missing remote would have been nice...as usual I suck with no pics , but I did get a pic before my phone died of one of the guys new JK ...
IMG_20170703_12426.jpg

Pretty cool KJ, the wife has one and I looked at what it would take to do a SAS ....too much work. Wouldnt mind giving t a little lift though.

Pretty cool KJ, the wife has one and I looked at what it would take to do a SAS ....too much work. Wouldnt mind giving t a little lift though.

Yeah this one has a d 44 rear and d30 front on 37 Toyo MT I think a d44 would be a better choice than a d30 for a build on 37s since the ring and pinion don't offer much beef strength after polishing the axle shafts . He drove this to and from the trail like this with no doors ...lol...as I was putting the door panels back on and strapping the jeep down. I pointed out to him that sometimes the ac blows a little cold and the heat a little hot in the tow rig .

Last edited:

I think he's a plumber; that rig was at my place last week. I said there wasn't much Libby left. He pointed out the engine and tranny were stock.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I think he's a plumber; that rig was at my place last week. I said there wasn't much Libby left. He pointed out the engine and tranny were stock.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yeah stock trans and motor ...lol...I guess I consider the d30 front to still be stockish despite being swapped in place of the ifs .

He drives it on highway with these headlights and does not get pulled over
IMG_20170703_3593.jpg

So I'm definitely going to cut my header panel and do a set of cubes so I lower the front 4 inches and still turn and stuff , but have headlights .

I'm not sure what is so mesmerizing to some folks about flex shots on trail it does not have to be a hard spot just put a tire on a stump and it's time to start burning up the memory cards , but take an off camber steep line and folks are just twiddling thumbs hoping you'll finish wasting time so they can move on to the next flex pic on flat ground .

Measured the belly height today and only came up with 24 at 5psi on the 42 Rockers. This from the measurements I see posted does not make my xj any taller than most of guys who say it's too tall who are on less tire with less wheelbase and less wheel track . I would like to drop it , but with a 115-116 wb I don't see that there is enough belly height to drop it much more than an inch and still have decent break over angle ?

Even more infuriating than their BS policy change is trying to download all your pictures back off of Photobucket so you can delete your account

Even more infuriating than their BS policy change is trying to download all your pictures back off of Photobucket so you can delete your account

Bummer!

Everything I have on P.B., was uploaded from one PC or another. I retain all original files.

First album I test downloaded, half of the pics unzipped as long colorful horizontal lines...

I really need to just go through older stuff, pretty sure everything recent I still have on PC, or camera SD cards

Back