• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I don't use RTV on the Fel Pro gaskets & haven't had any problems. How many times you can re-use a lube locker?

Yep, I'll be going with lube lockers on the D30/8.8 build.

Next time I need to do a gear oil swap on the D60 on the buggy...Lube locker (if it will work).

Can't on the 14B with the shave :laugh:

Though I have learned, one thing about owning a "hardcore" rig, is that leaks just happen.

No matter how much effort you put into it, something, somewhere, is going to be leaking (even if it's just one drop a week).

It's kinda hard to get diff's to seal 100% when you smash the ever loving crap out of them most times out :laugh:

I Sold the 44s before I had a chance to final weld the back brace on the 14 it's been Two weeks with the rig on the trailer on 4-jack stands and may be a week for the new shoes to show , so I got bored with waiting and got a 40 and 38 tsl to slap on the 14 so I could feel safer laying on my back under the 14 welding the bottom of the brace...I really hate welding to the tubes doing a full seam weld since to be safe and prevent warping the axle I can only a 2-3 inch stitch on one side move to the other and wait until I can touch it by hand then repeat...this takes fo-ever ...I like less sensitive shyt that I can just rip out a foot long bead.at a time and be done ...I had a few people say the rear truss looked wimpy before ...don't think that will be a thought anymore .

As usual, UPS has failed to deliver a package on time.

UPS claims "Our service is fast no matter long it takes"

LOL

UPS claims "Our service is fast no matter long it takes"

LOL

I have ordered stuff from Clayton off road a few times and it always takes way longer than it should to get here and they ship UPS . I ordered coil buckets from them in 2015 Minday the week of labor day weekend and ut only made it to Secaucus NJ by Friday then it took until the the following Tuesday after Labor day to make it here . By comparison ordering from the same area but shipped USPS the goods arrive in 3 days and cost less and USPS delivers Saturday up here Fedex and UPS do not .

The thing that got me really irritated with UPS was that I was arriving home, had to find alternate parking because he was blocking my garage. But then he failed to deliver the package. He put a delivery exception on it about the address. LOL. I complained to UPS and told them "By the end of this call the driver will NEVER park in front of my garage door again. He can park at the curb and walk." That's what the extra help at Christmas time does anyway. It's apartments with attached garages no driveways...

I think I may order the full color chip set from monstaliner I am looking at some dark grey and total opposite of that with Predator Green . They say 2 gallon kit does full xj exterior my xj has less body than a stocker , so it should get it done . Going to do the chassis saver as well ...then I get to beat it to hell on the rocks .

50/50 chance for
me going it all depends on when my bead locks show RAC transport called my tires are in town for delivery tomorrow , so just depends on when the wheels show .

So UPS comes by today, parks in front of my garage door again, and leaves a note that my package is being left at a UPS access point. I've lived here for years and never even heard of an access point. Packages are always left at the door. Seems like the UPS driver is playing games/being vindictive because I complained on Friday. So I called and filed another complaint.

Time to leave some nails on the ground in front of the garage for OL' buster Brown .
I don't care who you are, that's just FUNNY! :laugh:

In a dark sort of way... :D

Time to leave some nails on the ground in front of the garage for OL' buster Brown .

:D

I've got to say the local customer service has called me back twice now, once for each complaint. For the Friday complaint the call came in around 3:30 PM this afternoon. For the second complaint it only took about 30 minutes from the time I called the 800 number. Apparently the driver told customer service that I don't have a garage. :wow: I said well that's a lie. So this driver is not in the good graces of either me or customer service.

LOL...damn these 42 Rockers are soft I just tossed the set off the RAC trans truck into the storage lot and squeezed the lugs they squish like a gummy bear and I the rubber grips my hand when I try to slide it over the lugs. I had Boggers brand new and even new they were not this soft and grippy . I'm also glad I did the 42s as these are just about as tall as the 44s they replace. Now just waiting on my wheels to arrive which should be fun times mounting them in the Sun , but can't wait to try the new rubber out .

IMG_20170620_1922.jpg
Full tread 39.5 Bogger on wheel next to un mounted 42 Pitbull Rocker
IMG_20170620_1453.jpg

Need to finish this home made pinion bridge up with a flap wheel it bolts to the truss and was cut to bolt to the pinion guard but I did not have enough longer bolts so I cut it and welded it to the guard and still need to clean it up...safe to say the only thing to worry about now are shafts and u joints

Last edited:

Both xj's down for the count in one week, first was mine on my way to work. Some a-hole brake checked me after riding my ass then after he cut me off slammed on his brakes causing me to hit his spare on his jk. Took out my radiator, cracked the front clip, bent the radiator support etc. No big deal simple fix and was back up and running that day. To day the fiance was driving the other xj and was hit in the rear and shoved forward into a Subaru. Not a good week for the jeeps for me. Let the insurance battle begin.

20170607_064401_zpsllnxheff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20170620_161220_zps79klnbds.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20170620_161318_zpspvwdrimv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back