• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I like my zj DD. You won't win any races in it, but it's comfortable to drive everyday. Its the 5.2. Plus they're easy to work on. The wjs are ok, but I'm not a fan of the 4.7. say what you will, but working at a shop I've seen too many blown up. I actually think the interior of the zj is of better quality than the wj as well.

A hemi WK would be cool, but I swear late model Chrysler seats are like sitting on wooden planks.

My limited heated leather wk seats were actually very comfortable. My wife's wk2 is probably the most comfortable jeep I've ever been in.

David, Toyota's are way too pricey for my tastes. I need 4 doors, and as much as I would like to rock a 4Runner or CC Taco they just cost way too much. Besides, as much as I hate to admit it the truth is I'm a Jeep guy.

I already have a HP D44 and Ford 9" to swap into things. JK Axles are way over priced for what they are. No matter what platform I decide upon its getting those axles and 36" Iroks.

I do agree that the 4.7L is a more reliable engine than rumor would suggest, and if I were keeping it stock I would definitely take a WJ over a ZJ. For what I want to do with it I feel the WJ has too many hurdles to get around.

In the end I already have an 87 XJ with a very clean and rust free body sitting next to the garage I can build. My cheap ass will probably just stick with it. I've just been tossing around the idea of a 97+ XJ (would prefer specifically a 98) or a ZJ as they're a little bit nicer interior wise. The ZJ having a V8 and factory coils, plus being cheaper/easier to find than a 98 XJ, seemed like a nice bit of frosting for the cake.

Keep the xj or a 98+ xj unless you want to be super cool and build a wk like the nitro wk build.

Well, all that being said I should be looking at a 98 XJ tomorrow morning. Thanks for the lead Putzer.

Ok the wk2 I will agree. But the cloth wks...No thanks

You just need SRT seats! If money was no object I would build another WK on 35" with a SFA swap and wheel that thing forever.

20151230204951-d8a70baa-xl.jpg

Interior
53474D4D-B36E-46EE-BFE4-ACAEB0BBAB52_zpszrwlyf6p.jpg

D1923EBF-2C55-4507-AA14-8B59F4BD9B90_zpsqbl4fxip.jpg

03B000D2-B88D-4A16-A908-C1268A3CAE06_zps3cmqgwj5.jpg

It's a 98 Sport with 231, 8.25, AW4, and 260k on the clock. Runs and drives really good with a 3" BDS lift, nearly new 31" BFG A/T's, and otherwise stock. Oh, kenwood blue tooth radio with Kenwood speakers and amp installed by car toys.

$1,100 seemed like a good price to me.

Plan is the same as with the white 87. I've already got a HP D44/9 combo for it. Just need gears, lockers, truss. I've also got a Rusty's 4.5" competition long arm kit for the front. I was going to link the rear to, basically copying TNT's setup.

So you have two family cars! :thumbup:

87 Pioneer will be getting sold. I'm going build this one instead.

Well I think I may pull off my hi steer arms and redo them I had welded the outside and back of the arm to the knuckle and bridged the arm to the stock rod location . I had only welded the sides I could reach with my battery powered grinder , But after a brief thought while doing unrelated work installing door latches I could not see why I could not just cut the king pin top cap and weld it back together so it bolts down on top of my hi steer arm not sandwiched between knuckle and the arm this should allow me to be able to remove the knuckle even with the arm fully welded with no cutting ...Or at least it seems like it should ? Anyway going to try it ...lol...if it works like I think these knuckles should be fully serviceable while fully welded .

Damn dyslexia, I thought we were going to talk about these:

Or if you're at Mr. T's house:

Or if you're on a plane:

Or if you're in the mood for something sweeter:

Or if you're ballin' on a budget:

I've got way to many pics of JZ's on my phone...
Never too many pics of that. Heading back stateside today, as I've scared away all the terrorists. Enough of the warm flat beer, a proper JZ will be delightful.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Never too many pics of that. Heading back stateside today, as I've scared away all the terrorists. Enough of the warm flat beer, a proper JZ will be delightful.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The only thing booze brings to mind is a crappy hang over and sometimes bruised knuckles .

Who did you mug?

$1,100 seemed like a good price to me.

Plan is the same as with the white 87. I've already got a HP D44/9 combo for it. Just need gears, lockers, truss. I've also got a Rusty's 4.5" competition long arm kit for the front. I was going to link the rear to, basically copying TNT's setup.

Who did you mug?

Little old lady, pushed her right out of her wheel chair in front of a bus full of nuns and orphans. While everybody was trying to put out the flames and rescue those unwanted bastards I snatched the title and left. The $1100.00 is what I slipped the cops to let me get away.

Since I didn't have enough unfinished projects, picked up a fine 93 Mazda b2600 for $350. Blown head gasket and cracked radiator but is actually pretty clean little truck. Pulled the head, pistons look intact. Surprisingly didn't blow a single fire ring, but could see soot across almost every coolant port. It was so bad just cranking it there were bubbles out of the overflow. Maybe if I finish​ this I can start the unfinished yard work...

Back