• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Sounds like you all have a concrete solution to the problem. :laugh3:

So close to being done with the wiring overhaul on the buggy.

All I need to do was replace a fuse, but once again, decided to go ahead and do a remount and rewire.

My goal is to be done by midnight...

From there, I'll get the fast fill setup on the fuel cell complete (pending a plasma cnc peice for the fender fill mount).

Hopefully she'll be fire right back up this week.

From there some interior panel repaint, and she'll be close to ready.

T-Minus ~2 weeks...

I moved my gate up towards the front of the garage, and then built a new fence down the side to fill the gap. I now have a 19' paved parking space behind the gate. Perfect spot for the jeep to sit or while working on the jeep for my motorcycles to sit while still being fairly secure behind a locked gate.

BCC3729F-909A-4C91-9340-63E29CD301C2_zpssaku9qqj.jpg

The Colorado BS thread

Like the first pic! Did you check out eagle Rock at all?

No, my jeep has no business in that trail. The bigger rigs were going to but we couldn't even make it past a certain point on baldy so we called it a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's debatable if the Liberty was truly a Jeep to begin with but, after all the trouble I've had with it, I've decided to cut bait and trade the thing. It's still not starting sometimes and the dealer says they can't do a thing about it because all 3.7 Jeeps do it and it blew a seal on the steering rack the other day. Even Jeep corporate is being less helpful. I've been test driving stuff the last three days and hope to make a trade today. Probably gonna be upside down a couple grand and that sucks but I lost almost $1500 the last three months on repair costs and deductibles for repairs so it was time.

I paid $450 ea for my last 2 XJs in Texas and $1500 for the Colorado 1989 XJ about 8 weeks ago. I can buy a lot of brand new parts with the rest :)
Most I ever paid for one was $1500. My 87 Wagoneer has 291,000 mile and is my DD. But one does need to be able to do ones own service work and debugging to do it this way.

My son bought a 2010 Liberty last month for about $10,000. I hope to hell it was not a mistake, but he did get a bumper to bumper 1 year warranty so he has time to see if its a lemon. I had enough of lemons in the 70s to last me lifetime. I did not like all the online complaints about Liberties I read.

I know it's debatable if the Liberty was truly a Jeep to begin with but, after all the trouble I've had with it, I've decided to cut bait and trade the thing. It's still not starting sometimes and the dealer says they can't do a thing about it because all 3.7 Jeeps do it and it blew a seal on the steering rack the other day. Even Jeep corporate is being less helpful. I've been test driving stuff the last three days and hope to make a trade today. Probably gonna be upside down a couple grand and that sucks but I lost almost $1500 the last three months on repair costs and deductibles for repairs so it was time.

I think next project for me is getting a coating on garage floor. With no vehicle in it currently makes sense to do now.

acid wash it first with muriatic... sticks much better.

My shop floor is a mess between the previous owner and my use. Some day I might go ahead and just do the cheap rustoleum stuff. Yeah, it's not going to last forever, but I can just slop more on.

Unless I get out a diamond grinder and take of the surface, even the high end Sherwin Williams stuff isn't going to stick forever. Once just happens to be about 5x the cost of the other :laugh:

My shop floor is a mess between the previous owner and my use. Some day I might go ahead and just do the cheap rustoleum stuff. Yeah, it's not going to last forever, but I can just slop more on.

Unless I get out a diamond grinder and take of the surface, even the high end Sherwin Williams stuff isn't going to stick forever. Once just happens to be about 5x the cost of the other :laugh:

Actually heard the rustoleum works pretty darn well from the couple of friends who have done it.

I used the Rustoleum floor coating at the house I was renting when I was building my green 92 XJ. It held up ok to everything except weld splatter. That would burn it up. My neighbor has the same problem in his garage.

At our shop we had the floor in the transmission dyno room professionally done and it didn't last but a few years before it started flaking. That's why I haven't wasted my time doing it to either of my houses since.

I have not seen my garage floor in 40 years LOL.

I paid $450 ea for my last 2 XJs in Texas and $1500 for the Colorado 1989 XJ about 8 weeks ago. I can buy a lot of brand new parts with the rest :)
Most I ever paid for one was $1500. My 87 Wagoneer has 291,000 mile and is my DD. But one does need to be able to do ones own service work and debugging to do it this way.

My son bought a 2010 Liberty last month for about $10,000. I hope to hell it was not a mistake, but he did get a bumper to bumper 1 year warranty so he has time to see if its a lemon. I had enough of lemons in the 70s to last me lifetime. I did not like all the online complaints about Liberties I read.

I've owned some real piles in my day (excluding the Vanagon of course) but I don't think I've ever been happier to see one go than I was yesterday with the Liberty. I'm sure your son's will be fine. I know several people that have them and they don't have the no start issues or other things needing repairs all the time. Not sure what happened with mine.

Back