• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Make sure to check yours.

After doing a bit of reading, you might be better trying to throw dirt on it that using those.

Many times they lose pressure, even it the gauge (if it has one) says it's green.

I found one of those cheap kiddies in my shop and decided to try it outside (wasn't going to rely on a random fire extinguisher anyhow).

Gauge was green...it did...nothing.

I would advise EVERYONE to go by your local fire services place and pick up a good, all metal (siphon tube, handle, head, etc.). You can get a good, rechargeable one for $40 or less from what I've found. If I don't go H3R on the DD XJ, I'll get one of those. I'll be getting a 20lb. one for the shop, and another for the house.

Interesting. I'll be looking into that.

Toyotas don't catch on fire so I'm good.

But really running propane scared the shit out of me so maybe I need to buy a new fire systems

I swear that is the only crap people talk about me anymore! You guys need to get more creative!

I ordered tube for the cage for the new truck the other day and my boss asked if I wanted to wait to pay till it comes in because who knows if I will even have the truck by next week!

Jokers. I haven't sold a vehicle in the last 8 months! I am a recovering vehicle addict.

I've owned my F250 for over 2 years now, I'm pretty sure that's a record me. I know at just over 2 years I've owned my Victory longer than any other motorcycle.

Picked this up yesterday to replace the Eclipse for DD duty. 2004, 4.7L, 165K mi. Body isn't too bad but needs a little TLC, interior is about a 7/10. I wanted to get a 5.7 Hemi but I didn't like the gas mileage numbers.

Now I just need to make it "Mine".

So you got one with sidesteps so us old guys can get in? :)

Considering that on the previous style Durango my buddy's 4.7 only got 1-2mpg better than mine with 5.9l you probably should've gone with the Hemi. Just saying.

Considering that on the previous style Durango my buddy's 4.7 only got 1-2mpg better than mine with 5.9l you probably should've gone with the Hemi. Just saying.

I get 18 in mixed driving on my 4.7 in my 4 dr Dakota. never heard of the 5.9 getting 16, more like 12, but I do bet the modern hemi gets 15+

My 5.9l Durango got 11-14 MPG, my buddy's 4.7l Durango got 13-15.

Your buddy should take his foot out of it!!

I swear that is the only crap people talk about me anymore! You guys need to get more creative!

I ordered tube for the cage for the new truck the other day and my boss asked if I wanted to wait to pay till it comes in because who knows if I will even have the truck by next week!

Jokers. I haven't sold a vehicle in the last 8 months! I am a recovering vehicle addict.

Ha! I have the opposite problem once I get something I don't want to get rid of it.

Forgetting I have the 4 Link now, what says the hive mind? Shocks are not my forte.

What brand are you planning on running?

To be honest, I plan of running some Bilstein 5150's in the 12" variety on mine, which has the 4.5" BDS on it, and might gain another 0.5" or so of lift between the shackle relocation brackets and a front small spacer with the weight of the front bumper and winch.

Seeing as that's right about 11", I think you'll be fine.

I'd go with the nominal valving, with Bilstein that would be the 255/70 IIRC.

33711464422_e1e7be8e1a_b.jpg

Does anyone see a problem with this? 3/16 plate welded to the rocker for the seat belt. I need something and 4 points to a cage would be ideal but ain't gonna happen right now. There will be a 1/2 bolt thru this to an unwelded nut. It will keep the retractor in the factory orientation. Seems just as strong as factory but thought I'd get a few opinions.

Back