• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

LOL!

The picture that has always eluded me, was when she came in with snow on her top coat. Imagine a 6-inch white circle with two black spots where her eyes are, and another black spot where here nose is...

man_in_the_moon_by_pear_pear-d56txq0.jpg

Dog house again!

First, I bring home a two-door, the Jeep I want to build. (OK Honey!)
HPIM1635.jpg

Then, I re-home the Comanche and associated parts (zero progress).

DSCN3323.jpg

AND THEN! I bring home a parts jeep (positive balance, negative progress).

HPIM1637.jpg

I said "One week!" Its on me to git-r-done!!!! :pirate1:

Last edited:

What you need is a nice Renix head, and adjustable upper and lower control arms, that's what you need. :)

What you need is a nice Renix head, and adjustable upper and lower control arms, that's what you need. :)
Mmmmmmm, that lovely RENIX head!

Maybe we should be exchanging pictures in PMs... :)

Mike is going to be the Fred Sanford of the neighborhood. :D

Its the big one!
33aafb1c3ac8c7bafcd30331255ec659e8504eef210f34567901c9ed08d80b6f_medium

What is this future tense??? I AM the poster child for HOAs. :D

OK folks. My daughter just moved from Detroit to your back yard, and her BMW engine did not like making the trip with out oil. She wants to go back to a jeep. I found 2 likely suspects to buy where she just moved to (she finished the trip with a rental car and the BMW is stuck in Detroit), Colorado Springs, but she may need a ride there to inspect it and could use an XJ expert to make the inspection thorough, with or with out a ride.

Asking help from deep in Texas. :D Red river chapter...

Thanks!!!

I'd be glad to help. I have friends arriving Friday, that has me pretty tied up this week. I'll PM my cell to you. You could post the links here. We might know something about the vehicles or the seller. I don't think any of us are actively looking for a daily driver. :)

Going on three weeks now since I picked up my Jeep from Faricy and found the leather torn. Jeep Customer Care reached out to me over on Jeep Forum and got involved and that's the only reason the damn thing got ordered. I finally got a call today that my new cover was in and ready for me to come pick up. I explained the situation to the lady (she wasn't involved up to this point) and told her that the Service Manager told me that I could just swing by after work one night and they would install the cover while I waited (said it was an hour and a half job). Today I'm told that I need to make an appointment and drop it off because installing the cover is an all day job because they need to remove the seat.

I swear to God I might wear a short sleeve button up and a tie and go off like Michael Douglas in Falling Down. I've never seen such a ****ery.

Ah, Falling Down. Every time I make waffles I say the lines of the crazy guy in the Army surplus store scene talking about scrapping the waffle of your boot with a stick. Lol.

I win!

I%20WIN.jpg

16195814_1677656289193701_4638049614780906724_n_zpsk6qhibsm.jpg

The truck's ready........... Just need to fab up missile mounts for the Hellcat......:D

AR15-truck-console-mount-02.jpg

Last edited:

Hey guys I frequently feel silly asking elementary questions on here but now that I've set the precedent I may as well continue...
Curious if the City of Denver vehicle actions are worthwhile or not.
I'm looking for a
1st choice Tahoe/Denali,
2nd Full size 4wd truck
or distant third choice full size AWD van
2006-2012 if paying retail/CL prices.

edit to add I did read the "what to expect" pdf from Denver.
I have an f150 that I could push and tow with. I've towed plenty of vehicles with tow straps, but if there's no keys- no brakes and locked steering.
Do lots of people pay the locksmiths sitting there?
I don't currently have a dolly but could rent or buy one, I've never hooked a vehicle up to a dolly though.

Last edited:

Re: police auction question.......

I've never personally gone to a city / police auction. My buddy who manages the Denver Police Fleet Maintenance unit has gone on occasion and said that rarely do you get deals because Mexicans buy everything up at stupid prices often way above what the vehicles are reasonably worth.

Same with the dealer wholesale and insurance salvage auctions. The Mexicans arrive in a van, towing 5-6 car dollies all lined up on a car trailer. They buy any running/driving truck or SUV with a trailer hitch and then buy smaller cars. They'll hook the dollies up to the tow vehicles bought, and haul the others behind on their way back across to Mexico.

I had some limited success 8+ years ago at these auctions buying XJ's to fix/flip or part out but increasingly these Mexicans would arrive in groups and pay stupid prices for these vehicles. A decent theft recovery XJ that needed a column and a window replaced and maybe minor body damage would go for $4K-$6K with a salvage title....... no room for profit there.

Haven't been recently so I don't know if the trend is the same or if it's changed.

Thanks Troy that was exactly my concern. I see so many heading south on i25 I knew competition would be tough, but that sounds actually worse than I imagined. Add in the need to jack onto dolly to move with no keys or do locksmith there + the paperwork and waiting around, and I guess I'll go traditional routes.

I think it would be far more worthwhile if buying an old XJ planning on building out vs I am in the market for a work vehicle able to get me into the mountains in a blizzard and home reliably.

Cheers.

Back