• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I seem to recall that there was a write-up or conversion kit or something out there at one time to convert the rear quarter windows on an XJ into pop out vent windows, but my Google-Fu is failing me.

Junkyard today, with a longer list.

Let me know if you trip over a F250 d44, 73-79, 4.10 :D

No - I have a HP KP D60, locked with 4.56 under said yard art, that I wish to sell... so I need a stock roller.

Blast from the past. My old rig just resurfaced. The gentleman I sold it to sold it to a friend a few years back. He just bought it back with a blown transmission. Definitely not as clean as when I owned it. It's on 35's now with some more armor and few others things, but largely unchanged from what I understand.

20170121102529-47899b26-xl.jpg

Always nice to see the old girls actually getting used!

I bought a gas cylinder for my small welder about a year ago before that I built my trailer with flux and did the sheet metal work on the stretch with flux, well yesterday while working on the Jeep the gas line sprung a leak and with the generator running I lost pretty much all of the tank without hearing the.leak , so rather than call it quits I figured I would just buy a roll of flux core and keep working , well I forgot how much extra work flux core is and how crappy it works on sheet metal and I also forgot how that crap spatters and makes messes in places you can not reach to clean....Basically I wasted $90 on a 10lb spool of flux core that will take probably 10 years to use .

With about 1 hr left of daylight I decided I would get the ball rolling with rear by dropping the tank and cutting rhe 21x31 hole in the floor . The reciprocating saw would have been a bit quicker for getting through the floor braces than the wheel , but I had just enough time to test fit the tank and the tack a couple pieces of plate in so I couls leave the tank in place.

Now it is time to plate the inside rails and add internal D cage hoops and tie into the exo...then it will be time to move to the front axle and pull the knuckles plate them rebuild my king pins put my new bearings in and the yukon hardcore hubs on that have sat for a year .and cut and lengthen my hydro tie rods. Since I chose to just beef up my stock knuckles and c's I am.welding the hi steer arms right to the knuckle.this should eliminate shearing them off cheaply .

Not sure how you're going about it but I added some 1" square on top of the floor to raise it abit higher then used some camper foam tape to give the tank a soft buffer and seal out extra dust. Left the tank just a bit higher than the frame rails.

Since my bud planned on running the yards with me, I asked him to bring the 'ol car dolly that has been stored at his house. The plan was to take my newest Jeep to the car wash and clean under the hood.

When we got to the car wash, we noticed the tires had shifted. I forgot to unlock the steering, which also finished off the steering column. Great! We can't even straighten out the wheels.

HPIM1620.jpg

Before we left the car wash, we re-strapped the tires. We went real slow driving home. As we pulled onto my street, one of the straps came undone, the Jeep rolled forward off the dolly. The only thing we could do was drag it the 70 feet to the house. In front of the house, there was another loud noise, broken welds on the axle. We tried lifting the Jeep off the dolly, the same wheel fell off.

HPIM1613.jpg

HPIM1617.jpg

HPIM1614.jpg

HPIM1616.jpg

During the day, as I was following him with the empty dolly, I was thinking that thing was looking scary. I was thinking I should cut it up and load it in the scrap trailer. We started by cutting it out from under the Jeep. I wished I had not added so much weight to it when I first got it.

HPIM1621.jpg

My bud wants the spindles, he has an idea...

Not sure how you're going about it but I added some 1" square on top of the floor to raise it abit higher then used some camper foam tape to give the tank a soft buffer and seal out extra dust. Left the tank just a bit higher than the frame rails.

going to plate the inner rails then add a couple 4x2 .120 crossmembers and plate the bottom and sheet metal closed all openings . The top will be eitheir 1x1square tube with bolt on Aluminium panels on to cover the tank or bend some tube and weld sheet metal to that and flange the feet of the tube to be bolt on so it can be accessed for service.

Now I can drop the rear 4 inches .

Back