• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Since my bud planned on running the yards with me, I asked him to bring the 'ol car dolly that has been stored at his house. The plan was to take my newest Jeep to the car wash and clean under the hood.

When we got to the car wash, we noticed the tires had shifted. I forgot to unlock the steering, which also finished off the steering column. Great! We can't even straighten out the wheels.

HPIM1620.jpg

Before we left the car wash, we re-strapped the tires. We went real slow driving home. As we pulled onto my street, one of the straps came undone, the Jeep rolled forward off the dolly. The only thing we could do was drag it the 70 feet to the house. In front of the house, there was another loud noise, broken welds on the axle. We tried lifting the Jeep off the dolly, the same wheel fell off.

HPIM1613.jpg

HPIM1617.jpg

HPIM1614.jpg

HPIM1616.jpg

During the day, as I was following him with the empty dolly, I was thinking that thing was looking scary. I was thinking I should cut it up and load it in the scrap trailer. We started by cutting it out from under the Jeep. I wished I had not added so much weight to it when I first got it.

HPIM1621.jpg

My bud wants the spindles, he has an idea...

GOOD LORD.........:eyes:

Started drilling rear inner frame plates for plug welds ...did not feel like clearing the garage to bring stuff in to drill out on the press so I did it with a hand drill , well I never drilled 3/16th by hand and it got old first hole , so I took the cutting wheel and cut a bunch of side g side slices then cut them at angle to open up slots...lol...this works much faster than plug welds even on the press ...yes I am lazy .

had a few Milwaukee hole saws from HD sitting I bought one dozer blade witj the arbor and two other blades I never noticed the one with the arbor is missing the pilot bit....anywho I came across annular sheet metal hole cutters and ordered a a set up to 3/4 to cut plug welds these should be much faster than drill bit b.s.

I came across annular sheet metal hole cutters and ordered a a set up to 3/4 to cut plug welds these should be much faster than drill bit b.s.
Until you burn them up.

I'm not searching all your posts; I thought you had a plasma torch??? Follow that with a reamer and you should be welding fresh steel.

Until you burn them up.

I'm not searching all your posts; I thought you had a plasma torch??? Follow that with a reamer and you should be welding fresh steel.

Working in storage lot no fancy tool use outside ...I did slot cut all the plating and burnt it home all without leaving the hole cut in the cargo floor . I do need to buy some ear plugs before the angle grinder gives me permanent tinnitus .

The squirrel has been captured. Biggest damn squirrel I've ever seen.

That's a fair question Steve. Definitely captured when I got home last night. I don't own a pellet gun or a .22 and I really didn't feel like driving up above town on Rampart to shoot it with my gun and drowning, stabbing, or biting its head off just seemed a bit much. So I walked it well into the woods several miles from the house on a trail and let it go. Catch and release I guess.

sadly, either he or one of his chubby ilk, will be back River... they are seriously territorial little vermin. The good news at my place is that we are in a life-cycle shift... I hear coyotes every night now and saw 3 foxes this week. It is going to be a bad year for squirrels and rabbits.

Got the call today, tires ship this week :D :D

I can't make my mind up with that part of my rig...42Irok stickys...42 treps...43sx sticky...44inch pitbull rockers...The Irok and Rocker do offer keeping the 15 beadlocks I have sitting and I am partial to the wide 44s ...stickys do great but I do not like the trep or Irok skinny tire width .

Yeah I went with bias rockers. Good width for my skinny wheels and should be true to size. Can't wait b

Wtf is that. It looks Ike it came from gremlins movie!
Say hello to my little friend, so fugly she's beautiful!

attachment.php

We keep her hair short because, dirt.

Last edited:

Ok...... that's an Ewok.

Back