• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

My daughter used dog food for bait. She hot glued it to the trigger.

Yeah, make it something they have to work a little. I use (sacrilege) a little raw bacon and really work it into the trigger.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So, after the last month or so...

I have come to the conclusion that body work, is not my cup of tea :laughing:

In the time it's going to have taken me to get the floorboard and such done the soon to come build...I could have built a tube chassis, had the axles under it, and a link suspension completed.

Hopefully I should have all the welding, grinding, seam sealer, and paint taken care of by the end of this coming weekend.

Then onto the mid-section frame stiffeners...

I had two traps set today. Little bastard loves peanut butter. I've been taping these traps down to the Trex decking with Gorilla tape. He sprung one today and avoided it and the other trap was gone. I found it out in the yard. Couldn't see any blood on it. Now I've got both traps screwed down to a 2x4 that's wedged between the deck and the house. I'll borrow a pellet gun this weekend if I can't catch him before then.

I had two traps set today. Little bastard loves peanut butter. I've been taping these traps down to the Trex decking with Gorilla tape. He sprung one today and avoided it and the other trap was gone. I found it out in the yard. Couldn't see any blood on it. Now I've got both traps screwed down to a 2x4 that's wedged between the deck and the house. I'll borrow a pellet gun this weekend if I can't catch him before then.

There's a 20 page thread on squirrel killing in the Den, that would be worth renewing your membership to see, if only most of the pic links weren't dead.

Wife always thought squirrels were cute, until they started eating and digging up her flowers.
Then her thoughts were "Kill Them All! "
The .177 air rifle usually kills them with one shot, but I have had a few get away to die in the neighbor's yard, and it will occasionally go supersonic if everything randomly seals well, neither of which sounds like it would go over well in your neighborhood.
A .22 will do more damage at a lower velocity.
But any air rifle is very hard on scopes, even those designed for air gun use go out of adjustment rapidly. I have to adjust mine weekly.

And I've shot up to 4 in one day, only to have just as many running around in 3-4 days again.

Borrow a BB Gun? They're cheap, all you need is a simple little pump action like we had when we were in the Boy Scouts. No need for fancy hunting air rifles or .22's. I used to kill squirrels quite regularly with my little daisy pump action BB gun.

Last trip to Walmart I saw some .22LR. As it was being rung up, the employee asked if this ammo was for a pistol or a rifle. After giving the magic answer, I asked why that was important. Turns out they won't sell .22LR to anyone under the age of 21 who says "pistol."

Even though I think its a crock-o-shite, I have to agree. Anyone under the age of 21 who can't figure this one out, should go back to playing with their Nerf guns.

I had a Walther P22 pistol, it was fun but I wound up selling it to fund another gun. I still have my Walther G22 bullpup rifle though. I'd like to eventually sell it off to fund a Ruger 10-22 but like an idiot I rattle can painted it so its probably not worth trying to sell.

Last trip to Walmart I saw some .22LR. As it was being rung up, the employee asked if this ammo was for a pistol or a rifle. After giving the magic answer, I asked why that was important. Turns out they won't sell .22LR to anyone under the age of 21 who says "pistol."

Even though I think its a crock-o-shite, I have to agree. Anyone under the age of 21 who can't figure this one out, should go back to playing with their Nerf guns.

They definitely hire the mentally handicapped if they can't figure out you are over 21.:rolleyes:

You guys are missing the point of the (stupid) question. People under the age of 21 can not buy 'pistol' ammo but can buy 'rifle' ammo.

Only the stupid people under 21 would give the wrong answer (pistol). My underage daughter bought me some .45 ammo for my birthday but before she did, I gave her the proper answer to Walmarts question to ensure she left with the ammo. ;)

So, after the last month or so...

I have come to the conclusion that body work, is not my cup of tea :laughing:

In the time it's going to have taken me to get the floorboard and such done the soon to come build...I could have built a tube chassis, had the axles under it, and a link suspension completed.

Hopefully I should have all the welding, grinding, seam sealer, and paint taken care of by the end of this coming weekend.

Then onto the mid-section frame stiffeners...

Your buggy build was 5 years...lol...I think your floor pan time frame may be exaggerated a wee bit ?

It's not the buggy.

I know that...he said body work is not his forte and with the time he has into the floor pan repair he could already have a tube chassis built and have axles under it...But his buggy build was 5 years , so I simply commented that he may be exaggerating the time frame a wee bit .

I know that...he said body work is not his forte and with the time he has into the floor pan repair he could already have a tube chassis built and have axles under it...But his buggy build was 5 years , so I simply commented that he may be exaggerating the time frame a wee bit .

Sometimes I think you black out and manage to post a fairly coherent response.

:moon:

You guys are missing the point of the (stupid) question. People under the age of 21 can not buy 'pistol' ammo but can buy 'rifle' ammo.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Only the stupid people under 21 would give the wrong answer (pistol). My underage daughter bought me some .45 ammo for my birthday but before she did, I gave her the proper answer to Walmarts question to ensure she left with the ammo. ;)

Let me guess, the side of the box said .45 ACP.

Back