• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Yeah - you need the siping. I had a set of BFG MTs that were siped at discount, and a set of siped old style MTRs. Both were beastly in the snow after siping, but they tended to chunk a bit more in off road use.

Siping is your friend like Chris said. Tread has to flex to be worth a shit in the winter.
If they made larger sizes in the blizzaks I would run em on the truck in the winter.

Winter tires are the bomb. I ran a blizzack knockoff on one of my disposable-honda-commuters (lowered!) and it went anywhere with FWD until it got deep enough to high center.

Ever since David had Blizzaks on his 1st Subaru I've been a fan. Well, at least I was until I bought a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 for my wife's sweet a$$ Hyundai. I am constantly amazed by dedicated snow tires.

I had Nokian's on my 2000 S4 and Yoko's snow tires on my 1993 S4, I liked the Yoko's better. The Blizzak's on my 1990 Golf were phenomenal though, that little car would strait up scoot around in this weather.

And yes, the large tread blocks on mud terrains typically make for a crappy icy road tire. Getting them siped will help a lot though.

Everyone ready for the great Snowpocalypse of 2015? The way people are talking, it makes me wonder if they realize it snows in Colorado.

The radio said 6-10'' this morning over the next two days, coworkers are now saying 12-18'', and Im sure by tonight it will be 24-48''.

Im going to forecast 3'', when we get hammered, come dig me out to laugh in my face.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing..... " do theses people know where they live?"

Ever since David had Blizzaks on his 1st Subaru I've been a fan. Well, at least I was until I bought a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 for my wife's sweet a$$ Hyundai. I am constantly amazed by dedicated snow tires.

I had the same snow tires and was amazed as well how they performed in this weather.

They make Firestone Winterforces up to about a 31". I've got a set for one of my MJs.

Otherwise, you need a SACtionizer. A what, you say?
IMG_3481mod.jpg

Used to rough up the surface of tires for snow/ice racing.

Guys I think I'm growing up. Made an offer on a house today, should know this time tomorrow if it's accepted.

Guys I think I'm growing up. Made an offer on a house today, should know this time tomorrow if it's accepted.

Nice :cheers:

ah, brown town.

Back