• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Probably in his Audi A4 1.8T that has a leaky turbo in it currently. I'm just guessing here, I mean it is a factory Audi turbo for a 1.8T and he was just saying how his Audi's turbo is leaking oil. But I could be wrong, it might be for his KIA. :D

Thought the A4 used a K04?

No, the 2.7T and 1.8T engines used by VW and Audi came stock with K03's. The 2.7T powered RS4 in Europe (no stateside RS4 for B5 chassis) had K04's. K04's are the most common upgrade turbo used because they are a readily available turbo from Audi and because they do great.

Ah yes I believe I knew that.

Well VW Man, let me ask you this, The 2001 A4 with the 1.8T had the little Red mark next to it on the back, didn't that come with a bigger Turbo?

You mean this badge?
oem-18t-badge.jpg

Or this badge (minus the little S and 4)?
image.php

The first one is just the european 1.8T badge (although some American cars got them too, especially if they were built in Germany) and the second badge minus the S and 4 would be for a "SportLine" package on the A4. No bigger turbo, although a K03Sport is more likely. It just meant the car had the S4 suspension and a few other things. Some of the tiptronic (auto trans) B5 chassis A4's had little buttons on the steering wheel for shifting. Not true paddle shifters, but fun none the less.

its a sport package then, doesn't really mean much except a different suspension and HID's. Maybe a few other bits that wasn't standard on a regular A4.

Later chassis A4's with the Sport package were a bit more unique, but still no K04's for them.

My 2000 Audi has the same badge, but it has an S and 4 in there too. That means it gets lots of goodies and a 2.7L twinturbo V6. :D

I want a B7 RS4. I actually can't want for the B8 S4 to come out. Its going to be a supercharged V6. Audi's press release said they were going back to a smaller displacement forced-induction engine for better mileage and emmissions and that they chose to go with a supercharger instead of their typical turbocharging because it was something they'd never really dealt with before and they wanted to give it a try. How cool is that? A company like Audi wants to play around with superchargers just to try something new and different for them. I wish all car comp[anies were so willing to break their own mold.

Halfway home. Casualties of war include one turbo/manifold bolt, plastic breather elbow, and a diverter valve. Took about 3.5-4 hours to pull.

P1010001.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

New hotness/Old 'n busted

P1010003.jpg

You can see all of the oil the turbo was slingin' out

P1010004.jpg

And the leaky bastard that gave it all away. Your IC piping isn't supposed to be leaking oil......

P1010011.jpg

Back