• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO Springs local trailer supply

Are you going to haul gear when wheeling it or put a pop up on it?

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/ATChaser

I like this link, show what I was talking about leaving space on the front of the trailer. When you get to the end of the video it shows his tool box running into his spare tire.

Man, I was expecting better carnage, he just kissed it! I can't imagine I will have any less space than that dude.:peace:

Yes? ....yes what? yes to one, yes to either or, yes to both.....are you a YES man? :D

Man, I was expecting better carnage, he just kissed it! I can't imagine I will have any less space than that dude.:peace:
no, not much carnage showing but it was a good shot to show that you should leave spaaaaaaaaaace up front as he had a couple things on the front of it. It also showed how awesome it flexed going across the trail. :greensmok

........... My only concern for an off road trailer is if you get yourself into an off camber pickle and the trailer falls off the edge or rolls, how would that impact you? ....should make a James Bond style quick release for the connection :confused1

That vid put things into perspective for sure. Chris and I debated on leaving the tongue as long as it was or taking a few inches off. I think he'll be glad we left it long. :thumbup:

Chris, you'd mentioned making a 2x4 bumper for the back, but after seeing the angles that little trailer was subjected to, you might want to consider trimming up the rear departure angle of the trailer - giving the lower rear quarters an up-angle cut or straight across the body line and doing just a simple thick gauge 2" square bumper than goes just below the tailgate and bends around along the lower quarters to act as a slider...... kinda like this only not as thick across the back, maybe just 2x2 for the entire thing..... :dunno:

IMG_9691.jpg

Last edited:
That vid put things into perspective for sure. Chris and I debated on leaving the tongue as long as it was or taking a few inches off. I think he'll be glad we left it long. :thumbup:

Chris, you'd mentioned making a 2x4 bumper for the back, but after seeing the angles that little trailer was subjected to, you might want to consider trimming up the rear departure angle of the trailer - giving the lower rear quarters an up-angle cut or straight across the body line and doing just a simple thick gauge 2" square bumper than goes just below the tailgate and bends around along the lower quarters to act as a slider...... kinda like this only not as thick across the back, maybe just 2x2 for the entire thing..... :dunno:

IMG_9691.jpg

That is the plan. i may actually do a little similar trimming on the front, and tie the resulting "mini-slider" into the tounge/frame...

Back