• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO Springs local trailer supply

I'm not a Corvette guy.

And until the wifey gets back into a job again....... I'm not gonna be anything sporty/fast again for a while.

If things improve in the future, I'll be holding out for a Challenger 6spd convertible....... but I'm not holding my breath.

I will be able to finally start on the '46 Olds though if the GTO sells....... :)

The GTO may be going to someone else's garage here shortly..... :tear:

.....that is actually sad, seriously, hope everything works out for the better for all of us. This end of the year/XMas is kind of depressing in itself. :(

LOL - now that was phunnay! :D

...only you would get that. :thumbup:

Now, quit chatting up the forums ya blabber mouth....... I still hear your voice in my ears from the afternoon you and I were doing the door swapping........ sheesh. :yap:

....that hurt my feelings....NOT! ...kiss it :moon: :D

I think I hear baby jesus crying somewhere.

This coming from a guy who thought he could make baby Jesus stop crying by building a V8 Datsun 280Z........

....... Wait, what was this thread about again? :dunno:

:D

Last edited:
Only one thing I can say right now;

"ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long"

xj-grin it will be a nice trailer, if you paint it to match your heep............did you find the hitch you were looking for?

(right, then a left, right turn, back on track)

:D

nice return to center -- yeah, I found it (online unfortunately, given the title of this thread):

http://www.locknroll.com/

pretty cool design.:roll:

Try Layton Truck Equipment on Platte place- they usually have trailer stuff.Another place to try is Richardson's out on Hwy 24 near Falcon - they sell trailers but not sure about parts, etc.

Layton FTW!! Cool place, nice guys. Had just what I needed (aside from my cool hitch I am ordering!), and were close to the office. Thanks for the reference Jeff!

OK, since this was MY thread, I'll say two things:

(1) the MJ trailer now resides in my garage -- Yella and I did some staring, some thinking, some discussing, and them some "%&* it, lets do it this way on Saturday -- the tounge is sweet, and I'll get a build thread going on it as I get a chance (needs lift, wheels/tires, etc... as well as some cosmetic love...)

(2) as the former owner of a '71 240Z, as cool as the one Mike posted was, I LOVED my 2.4L straight six. Mine was fitted by the PO (airforce stationed in Japan) at the factory with a 78 5spd, and man did it haul ass. My test drive buying it was up I-70, and when I was doint 85 and accellerating on a 7% grade, I was sold. I don't care what trails you've wheeled, there is no pucker factor like doing 110 in a Z-car and feeling the front end start to float (as they are prone to do)! Still love the 1st generation Z cars... after I get the time and funds to resto-build a 1st generation mustang, a 240Z is next on the list...

:clap::yelclap::looney:

I don't care what trails you've wheeled, there is no pucker factor like doing 110 in a Z-car and feeling the front end start to float (as they are prone to do)! Still love the 1st generation Z cars... after I get the time and funds to resto-build a 1st generation mustang, a 240Z is next on the list...

:clap::yelclap::looney:
props on the trailer...saw yella after he picked up the MJ....wish i had seen the trailer...
but i lvoe z's too...moms got a 90 300z 2 seater t-top coupe. originally not the twin turbo but now has a single turbo....

Here's some pics before it left the garage. I'm sure Chris will post up some better profile/overall shots and I can't wait to see it with that cool hitch hooked up and the axle flipped with bigger tires.

P1011788.jpg

P1011789.jpg

P1011795.jpg

P1011792.jpg

P1011793.jpg

Thanks for saving me the trouble of posting, Troy! It will be getting some finish love before anything else POR-15 on the underside, and some undercoating, and some rust removal/repair and rhino lining in the bed. Then SOA and some larger meats, and should be ready for some action in the springtime -- I'll start a new build thread when I make some progress! Thanks Troy, I think we came up with a good, simple structure that should serve me well!:patriot:

Thanks for saving me the trouble of posting, Troy! It will be getting some finish love before anything else POR-15 on the underside, and some undercoating, and some rust removal/repair and rhino lining in the bed. Then SOA and some larger meats, and should be ready for some action in the springtime -- I'll start a new build thread when I make some progress! Thanks Troy, I think we came up with a good, simple structure that should serve me well!:patriot:

Ahem.....

Ahem.....

Oh, and DJ did a SUPER job of supervising and getting welding/grinding slag in his thongs (i.e. shoes you dirty bastards).:laugh:

......still needs a gusset on the top side for strength :D

(corny joke coming on.)......how many NAXJA members does it take to build a trailer? ....somebody finish the punchline?

Looks good xj-grin! That huge open space between the tongue and the bed are you going to put things there or leave it open for space and movement when wheeling?

Looks good xj-grin! That huge open space between the tongue and the bed are you going to put things there or leave it open for space and movement when wheeling?

It will have some storage/stuff, but not much outside the frame rails, so interference shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.youtube.com/ATChaser

I like this link, show what I was talking about leaving space on the front of the trailer. When you get to the end of the video it shows his tool box running into his spare tire. Are you going to haul gear when wheeling it or put a pop up on it?

Back