• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CO Fest 2015

I know your trying and I'm not being a dick but KOA and colorado fest is a bad idea they are way to serious about quite time! The best part of co fest is hanging by the fire till the wee hours of the morning. lol

I know your trying and I'm not being a dick but KOA and colorado fest is a bad idea they are way to serious about quite time! The best part of co fest is hanging by the fire till the wee hours of the morning. lol

I enjoy the late night campfire social time too ;) I am just burned out with the BV area, it is just down the road from me and I can drive most of it with my eyes closed....... I really love the Silverton/Ouray area and would love to get the crew back that way again! I will keep looking around, maybe the Montrose area?? Don't know?? Any help with the camping location would be greatly appreciated!

The group area at the KOA is removed from the RV crowd. That said, when we were there in 99, we didn't have any loud campfires, one of the things that made me less than enthusiastic about NAXJA way back then. Any input from the 2011 crowd?

I wish I remembered what years I went... When I think about them I just get blurred images and a general feeling of happiness.

There was the seat cover year, then there was the year with the young guys yelling at the folks staying in the Hilton.

I'm not sure if this helps the discussion Fred.

I guess my question would be to determine the point of cofest?
To please and excite the people who have been on here for a while and where they want to be ?
To appeal to a larger newer audience of wheelers who may look at BV as a good close option that's (just down the road) and on trails they are familiar with around people they my not be?

What ever happened to the new xj folks that were there a few years back? They seemed to be off to the side aside from chinamens run and I haven't seen much of them on the boards since.

I think defining the intention of cofest would help determine the best place to host it. Because saying it's supposed to do both won't work.

Lol just read 2015. I was thinking naxja was effed for this August.

Looks like I'll find the 2014 thread/dont mind me

The group area at the KOA is removed from the RV crowd. That said, when we were there in 99, we didn't have any loud campfires, one of the things that made me less than enthusiastic about NAXJA way back then. Any input from the 2011 crowd?

Yes, the group tent sites are seperated but only by a short hop skip and a jump...... around the corner. Anyway I had a great time and so did everyone I spoke with. We had plenty of late night fun around the campfire without complaint from the KOA or other campers. I think it would be just fine for 2015 if the board agrees.

I guess my question would be to determine the point of cofest?
To please and excite the people who have been on here for a while and where they want to be ?
To appeal to a larger newer audience of wheelers who may look at BV as a good close option that's (just down the road) and on trails they are familiar with around people they my not be?

What ever happened to the new xj folks that were there a few years back? They seemed to be off to the side aside from chinamens run and I haven't seen much of them on the boards since.

I think defining the intention of cofest would help determine the best place to host it. Because saying it's supposed to do both won't work.

I think if we start planning the 2015 COFest for the Ouray/Silverton area now we could have plenty of interest by the time finalizing comes around! The BV area is not on my list of places I really want to go for COFest......... but would if timing was right......

The intention of all the chapter fests is for the chapter to get together, and wheel, and for folks from other chapters to come to a new place with people of the same mind as them. We have had requests to do Ouray from California folks. They don't care as much about the wheeling as much as getting up in the Mountains and seeing some scenery. It's for us front rangers that don't get into the mts near enough, even if they are next door. It's to have fun.

Ouray is good, because almost all the trails stockers can run, but still go "whoa" at the scenery and the exposure on the shelf roads.

I think we'd be okay at the KOA. We are all slowing down just a little. I still have beer left from camping this weekend, and that never used to happen. :)

Yes, the group tent sites are seperated but only by a short hop skip and a jump...... around the corner. Anyway I had a great time and so did everyone I spoke with. We had plenty of late night fun around the campfire without complaint from the KOA or other campers. I think it would be just fine for 2015 if the board agrees.

I thought they asked us to quiet down one night, but I could be getting it confused with another event. We did have plenty of fun.

The intention of all the chapter fests is for the chapter to get together, and wheel, and for folks from other chapters to come to a new place with people of the same mind as them. We have had requests to do Ouray from California folks. They don't care as much about the wheeling as much as getting up in the Mountains and seeing some scenery. It's for us front rangers that don't get into the mts near enough, even if they are next door. It's to have fun.

Ouray is good, because almost all the trails stockers can run, but still go "whoa" at the scenery and the exposure on the shelf roads.

I think we'd be okay at the KOA. We are all slowing down just a little. I still have beer left from camping this weekend, and that never used to happen. :)

The wife and I have traveled and wheeled all over the country, and I don't think she's enjoyed any place as much as Ouray. The incredible scenery, alpine valleys full of wildflowers, lack of extreme wheeling, and the great group we had in '11 made it a perfect trip for her.
For me, I've done the extreme wheeling, still enjoy it, but I don't need to do it every time, same as the campfire partying. I've been among the last standing at 4-5 AM at Winterfest, but in places where there's actually good and/or scenic wheeling, I'm happy to have my fun and hit the sack at 11 PM-midnight.

If you guys want to get crazy around a campfire, come to Winterfest. We pretty much have the campground to ourselves, so anything goes.

I knew I couldn't be the only one wanting to go back that way. We had folks from both coasts as well as the midwest in '11 and I had a feeling there would be interest. So with that said, can we officially start to plan 2015 COFest in Ouray? I have a feeling it will get plenty of interest and should be a blast like last time. :thumbup:

P.S. I will help you finish the beer Fred :)

"If you guys want to get crazy around a campfire, come to Winterfest. We pretty much have the campground to ourselves, so anything goes."

One of these days. :)

Back