• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas Tree Run 2014 (December 13th)

Anyone taking lead on a "Toys for Tots" collection to coincide with this? ... or are we not going to combine these two this year....
(which would be a damn shame if so) - been pretty darn successful in years past... I would hate to see this go by the wayside.

I've only seen one post about it and it was for some other group... (T.I.T.S.)
I'd like to keep with the "tradition" of the last several years and collect the toys at the meet-up for the tree run....
That is unless i hear otherwise.
Thought?
Comments?

Sounds like a good job for you josh

You want to take that on?

Sounds like a good job for you josh

You want to take that on?

Sure!.... I'll post up details in the next 24 hours...
(I wanna lock down a donation center)

We don't want the kinds of toys you have Scott! :D

Hey guys.

We went up to get a christmas tree today and I figured I'd give y'all a little pre-trip.

Road conditions are good, no snow at all. Gate to the towers was open. A good amount of mud, and it looks like parts of the road to the towers have been recently rocked. There is a tree down, hanging across the road to the towers about 1/4 of the way up. I was able to make it in an 05 super duty on 37s with 8 inches of lift. So, I'm sure you all will be fine.

Hwy 224 is closed above North fork. The OHV area off 4610 is accessible, but I believe the lady at the ranger station said its closed for actual off roading? I'm not sure. Hillock burn/45 is open. Thats the way we went up.

Pics to come!

Getting conformation on a toys drop off today (local fire house)

.... in any case.....

Please consider bringing a new, unwrapped toy (or as many as you would like to donate) for the Toys for Tots donation.... I will collect them, and be dropping them off at a nearby donation center later that day, (...or the following weekend, if we get a chance for a photo op with some fire trucks.)

I get to toy shopping yay!!!! Well, I get to pay the bill. My son gets to go toy shopping!!!! And paying the bill is worth every penny spent.

So if this still a go, I will be bringing toys 8:00 AM. I wont be wheeling or getting a tree.

So if this still a go, I will be bringing toys 8:00 AM. I wont be wheeling or getting a tree.

I'll see you there Kenny.... and thanks in advance.

So if there is no snow, are we just driving on gravel roads, or are there trails of sorts up there? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I've never been up there.

OUT

I have tried everything to get the day off, but it just isn't an option.. I have to work.:wierd:

Back