• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Christmas Tree Run 2014 (December 13th)

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so I don't know where we'll have it. At this point, lets plan on doing the same thing, meet at Estacada Ranger Station at 9am and head up to Goat Mountain to get trees and play in the snow. Hillock Burn road is still closed because of the 36 Pit fire but hopefully it'll be open by then, or else we can find someplace else to do it. Put it on your calendars!

Do we want to do a Toys For Tots collection again? We peaked a few years ago but still got a good collection with our small group last year.

uL2bmaa.jpg

In for both.

I doubt ill physically be able to wheel or even try, but me and Alicia are good for a jeep load of toys!!!!

Hearing that the 45 road is back open, so I'll confirm that and we'll go ahead with plans to have the run in the usual area. Now, pray for snow.

Shall i dawn my loincloth and do a dance again?
...its worked in the past!
:D

Don't remember which road is '45'
But I was just up there Friday, went up to the towers and back out hillock burn....

Though it appears someone is trying hard to keep people out, or at least make things difficult. I know this is off topic but wondering if maybe we could organize some kind of 'clean up' sometime..... Might turn things around a little, or at least help. These ass hats that go up there and shoot up their trash is what's causing most problems I think. Just a thought

Last edited:
Hillock Burn becomes 45 when it enters the forest. Officially it opened friday. Unless the gate is open to the towers the road is considered closed so keep that in mind when poking around up there

No gates were closed. Well actually one was but that was to a logging area. The last gate (the blue one) before the towers has been open every time I've ever been up there.

I haven't gone up to cut my own tree for quite some time and i'm always down for helping out others. I would be bringing along the family if you guys and handle a little one in the group :)

I haven't gone up to cut my own tree for quite some time and i'm always down for helping out others. I would be bringing along the family if you guys and handle a little one in the group :)

Bring your kid

This is a day trip, most bring there fam on this one.

Don't get your hopes up for a tree worth keeping less you're a fan of Charlie Brown Christmas trees. :rolleyes:

bring the fam. I 2wd it most of the way last couple of years. trees are hit and miss like nick said. we bring the sled, hot coco, soup, and whetevers else to make a day out of it. always a good turn out, nice and easy day

Bronze.

Back