• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling FULL TRACTION owners

Pharaoh XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 XJ that is my DD & also kind of an Expedition vehicle in the desert so it goes over alot of bumps at relatively high speed. Sort of a prerunner.

I am planning on running the Full traction 6" long arm kit with 31" and probably 4.10's.

For all of you FT owners I have a couple of questions:

1- I ve never driven a 6" lifted XJ how does this kit handle on the highway ?

2- Does anybody have the installation manual for this kit ?

Thanks guys :thumbup:

If you are only gonna go to 31's, Why lift 6"? My first car was an 89 with the FT 3.5 and 30's and it rode great. The only reason it didnt have 31s is because the 30s were free. And it also had minimal rubbage at full stuff.

First of all it really sits more like 5". Since the Full Traction kit is a Four link it has little bump steer and maintains a good caster swing which makes it handle very well at speeds where the suspension is fully cycling. I love mine. Yea why 31" ?

:huh:

hes wants info on a Full Traction lift, not Roughcountry lifts...so roughcountry.com isnt going to help. also since hes going with a long arm LCA drop down brackets would be pointless cause those mounts will be cut off the uni-body....

Nomercy said:
:huh:

hes wants info on a Full Traction lift, not Roughcountry lifts...so roughcountry.com isnt going to help. also since hes going with a long arm LCA drop down brackets would be pointless cause those mounts will be cut off the uni-body....

Who said anything about either of those things?:huh:

-Alex

The whole Idea is that I need maximum travel at lowest LIFT ( center of gravity)-----> 31s
I heared that with the FT I can get near 10" front travel & thats great for me
Any ideas how else I can get similar travel ?

Pharaoh XJ said:
The whole Idea is that I need maximum travel at lowest LIFT ( center of gravity)-----> 31s
I heared that with the FT I can get near 10" front travel & thats great for me
Any ideas how else I can get similar travel ?

Install any lift out there. How high you go has nothing to do wiht travel, nor does what lift you have - to an extent.

I have a 6" drop bracket lift and 12" of travel up front.

i have the full traction kit it is well built and works well. i've had it installed for a few years now and if i were to do it over again i beleive i would build my own as i have canabalized some of the kit already. the rear springs seem to be sagging more than i had hoped. i have a 1.5" block and the bump stops are very close to the supplied bump stop plate and hits over just about any small bump my jeep sits will a full size tsl Q-78 and all my gear in the back all the time.

I think this is the rarest kit around here,can t seem to find enough reviews or specs on it

Can you post pics of your FT long arms. specially the mounting

Rock Krawler has a 4-link LA/"pre runner" setup too....

IIRC, their springs are made by Deaver....

Back