• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cable lacing

Whenever I go junkin', if I can't find anything else interesting, I'll always buy a handful or two of the plastic hose from over the wiring. All the different sizes make hiding ugly wiring a snap!

Yup. :thumbup:

You have a pretty goofy looking loop right over the AN fittings for the fuel lines, but other than that, everything looks great.

Even got the over/under right - the lace should come up from under the knots (like you have it) instead of going down around them, it keeps the portion of the lace that's parallel with the wires closer to them and reduces chances of it snagging on something.

I like to use cable ties to lash everything together and get the cables all parallel and trimmed to length, then go down the harness with lacing twine cutting the zipties off just ahead of the lacing.

besides using 18g wire instead of waxed twine, am i doing this right?
No. If you were doing it right, the whole harness wouldn't be PINK. :rof:

I like to use cable ties to lash everything together and get the cables all parallel and trimmed to length, then go down the harness with lacing twine cutting the zipties off just ahead of the lacing.

thats exactly what i did, whats better then using no zip ties? using a whole bunch, then cutting them off!

im down with this, i feel it leads to a way better product than zip ties and electrical tape

I picked up a new TIG torch a while back and decided to get the one that comes with a 25 foot bundle of snakes.

ratsnest.jpg

So I picked up some string and started lacing.
lacing1.jpg

I left the last 5 feet of the cables loose for to run to the welder, gas and cooler.
lacing2.jpg

I"ve only used this torch once since I picked it up, this is more to keep it neat in the drawer, and I was bored.

~Alex

Back