• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

burned CDs in factory in-dash CD player?

I still use an older version of Adaptec Easy CD creator (now Roxio) on my desktop, and it works all right, but will make bad disks from time to time, and it won't tell you the disk is bad until it is finished, whereupon it spits out an unusable coaster. The "test first" option is useless. It takes twice as long and eats the disk anyway. On my laptop, with an Iomega portable burner, I have Iomega Hotburn, and this works very well. It has never made a "coaster," and if a disk isn't good, it simply reverts to the slowest speed and toughs it out. In fact, when I first got it, it came with a defective sample disk, and I went out and bought a pack of disks that turned out to be defective. I complained to Iomega that the damn thing would only write at 1x, and they were mystified. Then I put a different brand disk in, and it worked right. The point being that the defective disks burned perfectly at 1X, while the other computer wouldn't write to them at all. I don't know if you can get a copy of Hotburn without an Iomega drive, though.

Another program I have on my laptop which works very well is something called Cakewalk Pyro, which has various options for creating music CD's from other sources, such as on-line MP3's, LP's and cassettes. I've made CD's from a number of favorite analog albums using this. It also does the burning, and includes options for data disks, and has never made a bad disk. That program cost about 40 bucks at Staples. I recommend this program highly if you need some of the signal-processing functions such as noise and click removal, or if you need to split huge wave files into tracks. It lacks some of the bells and whistles of a program like soundforge, but it's well designed and very easy to use.

They don't work in my 00' but they work in every other player including my other car?!

D'ohhh....Roxio=EZ CD Creator...It has been too long since I've burned anything, Nero's the good one I meant. Anyway, I'll sit back and let the others talk from now on
awcrap.gif

i used something from "veritas" which will either copy a cd exactly, or you can drag and drop songs from various cds. its very simple...if i could remember the name of it i'd recommend it to you (in my system its just called "copy" with an icon resembling a red cd).
of course these days i just drop everything onto "SD" cards and slip 'em into an mp3 player. very convenient and small. since i dont have many cassettes i plug the mp3 player into a plug that an electronics geek buddy of mine wired. the cool thing about this is when i park in questionable parts of the area there are no cds inside to tempt anybody and i take the mp3 player with me. sorry i wandered off topic...but the veritas program works IMHO.

Everyone had good points, but...

Are you using the 700 MB media? Some players can only read the 650 MB CD-R's. (CD players first get track info, and the 700's don't fall in the older spec).
I've had the same problem before, and I switched to the older 650's to make it work. Hope the switch also fixes your troubles. I also switched to the gold type as well.

You still have one more century to catch up to:laugh3:

you should just make sure that you ae burnign wav files and not straight mp3. us a program like CDex from download.com to convert them been using it for years ad and spyware free

Back